L264 ?

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
not sure where I should post this so here goes... I have a Sultan, juvi, and a very large piece of wood laying down in the tank with all kinds of bumps and branches kinda. There is enough room under it for him to move around like he is in his own safe village.

Recently I have noticed my alpha turquoise rainbow hanging around behind the wood , looking under where the L hangs out . There is an opening in the back of the wood just enough for the rainbow to see him .

I have noticed the rainbow seems almost to be stalking him.... because there are no other fish that go back there , so must be the sultan, AND the rainbow ,which is usually a beautiful turquoise with navy stripe on sides, , well when he is doing this he gets a yellow stripe on top of his head , all the way to his tail---the yellow is quite bright and he can turn it on and off as fast as the blink of your eye, however when he is hanging down there , the yellow top stripe says yellow .

Last week I lost one of the turquoise sub alphas , and now only have 2 males left. This behavior started around that time. Do you think he can hurt the Sultan ? I am quite concerned and annoyed at him, firstly thinking he was just horny, but now I realize he is fixated on the L264. SO is he safe ? what is up with this rainbow , why is he doing this ? ,must be stressing the poor sultan , so please help !!! thanks ,