L27 has concave belly after not eating

teddyman5

Oct 4, 2009
leeds
For 3 weeks or more now my 5-6" L27 has not eaten. It is in with a similar sized L190, some sterbai and a pair of Firemouths.Lots of wood, internal and external filters and good water quality. I have had it about 5 years and no problems until now.Used to eat loads of wood and cucumber/courgette.
They moved tanks about 6 months ago but with the same water and wood so they were OK. Have tried many different pellets and wafers, cucumber, courgette,potato, yam, carrot, brocolli but no joy.
Any thoughts or help out there as the belly is very concave and I'm worried I will lose him.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I agree with Mr W W above....
could be ill if has started from nowhere, worming would seem a reasonable move if you cannot relate this to anything that has happened - added new plants or anything etc.

rosehower

Mar 29, 2010
NJ
my L191 is having this same concave belly issue.
he's in a tank w a blue phantom and a tiny baby black convict.
i have checked params over and over. seem fine.
wood is there, not sure if its ok??

where can i get a wormer to treat him if its that...?

rosehower

Mar 29, 2010
NJ
unfortunately he has died.
i had done 2 clout cycles (as per a "pleco breeder" who says he does it to all his new shipments)
upon 2nd treatment (about 5 hours in) the fishy was not moving, and so i checked and he had just then died.
this is just another lesson learned. unfortunatly at bumblebee's expense.

rosehower

Mar 29, 2010
NJ
also, i had moved out the blue phantom to eliminate bullying, and then even the baby black con. so he had no competition.
pleco guy said once the royals get in a funk and choose not to eat, many are just so stubborn (een if it isnt worms) that they will rather die.

poor lil guy. he was a cutie.