L75 Peckoltia Sabaji

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
Hello Chuck,

Great! Thank you for the documantation!

Do you have also some information about the breeding? (tank, water values, stimulation)

May I use some of your pictures of eggs/frys in the database (http://www.suedamerikafans.de/en/wels-datenbank/gefunden/?&db_unterfamilie=alle&db_bilder=ja), and for a short documentation on this site, please?

Greetings
Elko
Hi Elko,

I am glad that you like them and please feel free to use any pictures that you like.

Tank is a 40 breeder (~150L) 36" x 18" x 17" (91cm x 45cm, x 43cm) decorated with just wood (Oak logs) and caves (granite)… no substrate is in this tank. Filtration is also simple and I have 2 large sponge filters, one air driven the other has a small powerhead. Food is a mix of pellet foods, flake, and blood worms as a treat. I did a dry/rainy season to get them to breed. Parameters where PH-7.2, GH-6, KH-4, TDS-125, and temp 77f (25c) at time of spawn. Dry season parameters where PH-7.4, GH-7, KH-5, TDS-150, and temp 81f (27c). I did a couple large (~30 to 40%) water changes a couple days before they bred.

Any questions feel free to ask,
Chuck

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
The dad didn't do very well his first spawn and I only managed to save 11. There looked to be well over 100 eggs in the cave to start. I hope the next spawn he does what he should and takes care of his babies!

Chuck

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
Thanks Elko,

The L75's have been acting like they wanted to spawn again for the last few days after I did another larger (40%) water change. Last night the females was trapped in the males cave and today he has eggs again...… :clap:

Chuck

plecoaddict

Apr 23, 2009
Michigan
I pulled the eggs... dad wasn't doing his job and like last time started eating the eggs. Here is a picture of what I got.... well over 100 eggs I am sure!

Take care,
Chuck

Attachments

James786

Nov 3, 2018
Hey Bigjohnnofish,

I'd like to get in touch with you personally. I am also a pleco addict and was wondering what you currently have for sale etc...

I'd really appreciate it if you could kindly contact me on 0432161531 and perhaps we could exchange phone numbers and go from there.

I live in NSW by the way.

Many thanks,
James