Legacy Postbit

YSR50

Apr 29, 2009
Chicago-ish
Any chance of changing the Default Style to use the Legacy Postbit?

I'm guessing a lot of PF people will be showing up and it would make us feel more at home. Personally I always felt it makes vB flow smoother when viewing threads, maybe it's just me.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i'm fairly sure the layout of the legacy postbit is now very different since VB3 was released so would still look totally different, Doodles will know more, i'm the tech Div

YSR50

Apr 29, 2009
Chicago-ish
Legacy Postbit does look different, it puts all of the members info on the left of the posts. It has looked the same all through the 3.x versions.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Postbit works well with our forum and no one has complained in the last six months. Personally from a members point of view I prefer it how it is.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Part of the reason we used postbit was to look different to PF. We have had quite a lot of members come over since we started and everyone seems happy with how it is.

Another reason for using postbit and not legacy is it saves wasted post space.
A post using legacy is always at least as big as all the member info down the side even with one sentence where as when it is across the top, the post is as large as the content.

YSR50

Apr 29, 2009
Chicago-ish
Part of the reason we used postbit was to look different to PF. We have had quite a lot of members come over since we started and everyone seems happy with how it is.

Another reason for using postbit and not legacy is it saves wasted post space.
A post using legacy is always at least as big as all the member info down the side even with one sentence where as when it is across the top, the post is as large as the content.
Thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd throw it out there, wasn't meant to stir things up.

In my experience running other boards it's easier to read using legacy. True that each post would be as large as the postbit content, but at least you don't need to scroll past the postbit content and (sometime ridiculously large) signatures.

Not trying to argue my point, just giving my $0.02. The site's looking :thumbup: keep up the great work

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
:hi:

I understand where you are coming form but we really wanted to look a little different to PF. Ridiculously large signatures are a problem if you use either postbit or postbit legacy.

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement about the site:D