micro worms

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
white worms in tank are they micro worms?
i did feed them in that tank but i had emptied it ? been empty for about 2 weeks! had abit of water

do bn eat them ?
cause that is what i had in there !

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
BNs will eat micro worms, especially fry BNs, but micro worms only survive for 10 mins in tank then drown.
think you have different worms which tetra or guppies will eat

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thanks guys i think i have an id for them and i did a seasrch in youtube and found this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxqRFuyO48U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxqRFuyO48U[/ame]
it is white worms did a google search and found that they are used as food for fish just wondering were did they come from?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Since you're considering adding gars to take care of them I assume they are under water?
White worms can't live underwater. I'd think, like FF said, planarias. Quite comon in aquariums with high bioloads/excess food.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thank you is that what you believe is in the youtube clip ?
like i said the tank was empty for awhile so coluld be anything that is the reson im asking,
do they harm fish?

what you see in the clip is what they are exactly so please if your id can conferm any of the above thorts i thank you

its the first time iv seen them i add some bn on eggs so please tell me if the will harm them have fry i can add to eat them or il do a big clean ?

thanks guys n gals

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
hi, i think they are planaria,
BNs wont eat them, but if you get a lot they are a threat to BN eggs as they will eat eggs.
I found rams and other fish that eat small creatures will eat them BUT they only eat those on show. If you lift some of the stones/caves/ things flat on floor, you will probably find some curled up. the fish cant get at these to eat and they will come out at night to forage. you can eliminate a lot by washing them off. but you prob have some in the filter too so they will spread back.
I found after lots of trials that the only really effecive way was to use the plymouth discus wormer. (jozebs sells it)
they come from almost anywhere. rain water butts, plants, in the water when adding new fish, (babies are very small), etc

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thank you so much i added a ram all there is in the tank is a cave and 1 drift wood and sponge filter so hopefully ram gets a good feed till i find the wormer you recomended!

could i use any wormer ?