more food?

tommy mf

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
hey all, ive been looking into giving my plecs more variety food.

at the moment i have L134's, L066's, L201's, L278's plecos.

I generally feed them hikari massivore pellets, NLS thera A, hikari sinking wafers, generic shrimp pellets, bloodworms and they generally get the leftovers if any (sera discus granules and tetra colour bits). oh and also zuccini or cucumber once a fortnight.

was just wondering if it was worth adding the following food to the list:

Hikari Carnivore Pellets or omega shrimp pellet?
Sera Viformo

or is the food i'm giving them sufficient?

cheers

tommy mf

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
Oh i forgot, i purchased some NLS H20 wafers recently, so i feed them that also but they don't seem so eager for it =S

guess i mite feed them this once I schedule a no food day and give them this food the day after when they are hungry. haha xD

anywhos joby thats for the reply, I keep pushing my fish food budget -_- haha they eat better then we do!!

hehe im leaning more towards the shrimp pellets, and it seems omega shrimp pellets seems cheaper to buy then hikari. (I'm purchasing more hikari algae wafer and sinking wafer soon, so adding carnivore pellets will save on shipping =S but is it worth it?)

any thoughts?

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I didnt know Hikari had a shrimp pellet in Australia. I've tried Wardleys ones and they begrudgingly eat them but the Omega One pellets they smash. Just don't go too overboard on overfeeding it.

tommy mf

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
woops, i thought the Hikari carnivore pellets were the equivalent of shrimp pellets?

how often do you feed your fish the omega one pellets bren? oh and also what portions per fish?

I generally feed twice a day, one before i head to work, one before i head to bed. I interchange between the foods, but NLS thera A is probably their staple diet. I dont feed them much hikari algae/sinking wafers (maybe once a week), but I think i will start to use it more to split their diet a bit.