my albino and common BN finaly have babies

pat_adelaide

Mar 4, 2011
adelaide
im so excited my first spawn and its with my albino male and common female i see lots of albino fry and not so many common fry waiting to see if i get calico BN or just common and albino

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
I have the same pair. Albino female, common male. But I don't et any albino fry probably because the male doesn't carry the gene. Bristlenose babies are fun cause theres so many!!

pat_adelaide

Mar 4, 2011
adelaide
wow thats interesting u dont get any albino fry they have now stated to come out of the cave they dont seem to have any egg sack on them does that mean they have eaten it already if so how long does it take them to eat the sack

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
Usually takes around a week to eat the sac. Once they start venturing out I start offering food. Blanch some cucumber or zucchini or just start them straight on algae wafers.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Congrats on your new babies, Feed them once their sacs are no longer visible, leave some cucumber in their tank...raw is good...they will find it very fast...Keep Us posted on their progress.

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Congratulations on your BN's.

They are ravenous feeders so make sure they always have food available.

pat_adelaide

Mar 4, 2011
adelaide
hey question guys i can see a couple of the fry coming out of the cave is that a bad thing i dont think he has kicked them out but they dont seem to have much egg sack left on them but is that a bad thing should i catch them and put them in a fry tank or let them go

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Congrats, yeah it is normal for them to come out once the egg sac starts to go as they will start to forage for food.

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
hey question guys i can see a couple of the fry coming out of the cave is that a bad thing i dont think he has kicked them out but they dont seem to have much egg sack left on them but is that a bad thing should i catch them and put them in a fry tank or let them go
I personally would not try catching young fry. They are only at risk if they are in a community tank with possible predators.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Agree with jim, my bn fry wonder out just before there sacks are gone and are totally fine. Look forward to seeing those pics. :)