my fat cory

Tambo

Jun 9, 2011
Scotland
Took a quick snap of my Cory had him about 4 months now and the one next to him since the same time all he does is eat very greedy he looks like a tank next to the other one but hes the happiest little fish in the whole tank always out and about (looking for food):dk:

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
I like your post...considering that just yesterday I too noticed one of my cories looking very "plump"...but happy. The 2 cories next to it didn't look as plump and I was wondering if this cory was getting more food than the others. Now we know :whistle:

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
Congrats on the spawn! I know nothing about cory eggs, so I can't be of any help to you, but it seems as though the cory was "diagnosed" correctly :lol:

Tambo

Jun 9, 2011
Scotland
had a look at the breeding logs to try and figure out what to do with them however i cant seem to get them of the glass without squishing or loosing them any help?:thumbup:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
yes best thing to do is remove them with a razor iv also used a spoon fork anything really but its true razor is best!
congrats with the eggs ild say look into getting some micro food for them they are tinny i cant see them once there born lol there just a spec with a tail that is see through lol
they are lots of fun to watch and raise

remember they dont need much to keep them alive just make sure that there is no other fish in with babies includung the parents!

Lorifan

Jun 7, 2011
Nouméa
Hey congrats on the eggsd mate!! I just wonder one thing, your gravel seems to be quartzite, it is really abrasive for cory's mouth isn't it?

Tambo

Jun 9, 2011
Scotland
Hey congrats on the eggsd mate!! I just wonder one thing, your gravel seems to be quartzite, it is really abrasive for cory's mouth isn't it?
They all seem fine and happy i plan to go back to sand again i took a stupid notion and decided i wanted black sand but couldnt find any so ended up with this:dk:

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
They all seem fine and happy i plan to go back to sand again i took a stupid notion and decided i wanted black sand but couldnt find any so ended up with this:dk:
If You want black sand, what you are looking for is Limpopo black sand, packaged by Unipac....As seen in tank below...I have just ordered some as I think it looks the part.:thumbup:
http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12413

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
My bronzes are leaving little clusters of 20 or so eggs on a daily basis all over my tank.

Like you I failed hard trying to get them off the glass, even with a razor blade.

Today's batches all look 'broken' like some of yours, I am not sure of that is because they are not being fertilised properly or eaten but good luck with your bunch, I will stay tuned to see how you progress.