My New Panda Corys

JamesA

Oct 30, 2010
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
I added 3 Pandas to my tank just over a week ago now and they have settled in well, managed to get some pics so thought i would share. Planning to add another 3 from a forum member here to make a nice group. Also have a plan in the pipeline to upgrade my tank for a nice Roma 240 with sand substrate for them :)

Any idea on the sexes of these? They are about 2 to 3 cm long at the moment so still quite young i think.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello,

Wow nice pick and great cory indeed. agree with you that sand will be best even for the BNs as well. cheers and good on you. cheers jk :thumbup:

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Nice little pandas you have :D Wouldn't want to guess at their sexes until they are fed up a bit more, then they should be easy to sex.

:coolphotos: will baby panda cories get eaten by my synodontis and will they be okay in groups of 3 like your? thanks
I really wouldn't risk baby pandas with your synos, they'd be a tasty snack for them depending on how big your synos are that is. Its recommended to keep corys in groups of 6 or more.

Cheers
Gem

Jun 20, 2011
UK
thanks and i have 1 syno and 1 sailfin plec the syno is 2.5 inches so would that be a no? wif it was a yes would it be okay to by 3 one week then 3 the next?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
The sailfin plec wouldn't do them any harm but your syno may well have a go and is likely to get a lot bigger too. If you really want to keep corys with the syno then maybe go for a larger cory species?

kampfer

Aug 13, 2009
Singapore
Synos are gluttons. A concern is that they will probably eat all the foods before your corys can eat them. Make sure you moniter if the corys gets enough food when you put them together.

JamesA

Oct 30, 2010
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Thanks for the feedback folks, will post a few more pics as they get bigger and i add the rest. Im aiming for a group of 6, at least till i get my bigger tank :)

My tank is as 25c and they seem to get on very well with my plecs. My male dwarf grourami is fascinated by them too, but not bothering them at all.