Need help sexing L134

LTygress

Nov 24, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I have a funny feeling all three of these are the same sex. I got them back in December '15. That was 9 months ago. They haven't really grown since then, but leopard frogs don't get big anyway. There has been absolutely no sign of breeding, but they all eat well! (The fat part isn't a gravid pleco, it's just the huge clean-up they always do on the tank every time I feed frozen foods like brine shrimp. That's actually how I caught them without tearing up the tank - they were out for the goodies!)

Anyway, I don't know which is which between the pictures. So there is no "one, two, three" identification here, because I didn't keep up with which order I picked them up. However, the LAST two photos are the same pleco. Everything else is probably out of order. I'm only posting ALL of the pictures to try and get an idea of whether or not I have two different sexes, or if I should buy a few more.

So if you see something between them that screams male or something that screams female, let me know!

greenie

Feb 14, 2016
QLD
To me they all look female, I could not see any hair growth at all in the tail area on any of your photo's.
I could be wrong, but all my males have hair around the tail area and it quite prominant.

Affinity

Global Moderators
Staff member
Dec 10, 2013
Sunshine Coast
The last one looks like a male vent as more pointed and signs of hairy tail but could also be slow growing female.