New marine tank

BENNO

Dec 5, 2010
Central coast, nsw
hey guys havnt been around in a while so thought i would post a few pics of my marine tank in progress in the middle of cycling atm but well on way to having some LPS and soft corals will be getting a mower blenny and 2 black ocallias clowns sorry if i spelt it wrong =P

a HOB skimmer and a 2ft t5ho light is on its way so will be all ready for some nice scaping more live rock to go in about another 5-7kg =]

Last edited:

BENNO

Dec 5, 2010
Central coast, nsw
thanks guys and will do
waiting for my local Marine store to get more high quality live rock in =]
$20 a kg =S but well worth it
its gunna be a tough learning curve but having kept FW for about 5 yrs
it should be fun =]

BENNO

Dec 5, 2010
Central coast, nsw
Ok guys a big update got about 10kg of live Rock now 1 kg for every 10L
A new t5 light 50/50 10000k white and a actinic blue =] a big difference in colour
I got a few additions first of all is victor the lawn mower blenny a red star called Patrick
And 2 corals got a heap more coming in the next week or so.
Enjoy!

First of all is victor

Patrick.

Zoa coral frag.

Fluro green fungia coral.

And a front tank shot.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow well done indeed. I would be too afraid of salt water, even after 35years of fresh water. keep us updated with the photos and good stuff. cheers jk :thumbup:

Last edited:

BENNO

Dec 5, 2010
Central coast, nsw
Thanks bigbird an it's no that hard the amount of info out there is over welming but once yu just jump in it all seams to get easy =] and yeh they inflate pre big have yu fed them and watched them eat?

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
looks fantastic- thanks so much for the eye candy. would love tohave this in my house. have total respect for all those with marine tanks. i am still trying to get my head round the basics!

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Really if your chiller is working, your salinity looks good, and your skimmers not belting out froth everywhere, everythings pretty sweet.

I do a wc once a week or maybe 10days if I get slack. I use a salt mix which puts back all the calcium/ph balance and stuff the tank has depeleted during the week.

I have figured out my salt mix I am using is one cup per bucket of rainwater so no more weighing and calculating.

If I have too much tank evaporation, I just add more rainwater water with maybe a reef ph buffer in it.

Its not really rocket science lol.

BENNO

Dec 5, 2010
Central coast, nsw
ok another new addition at a great price
i got a bubbletip nem (Entacmaea Quadricolor) for $10 had been fragged a week ago and is still kicking so he gave me the rock
and nem for $10 and i had to get another heater due to my one on my nano not working for sum unknown
reason so all up i paid $35 for the nem and a heater i got $5 of the heater =]

and my T5 unit
old lights

new T5's 50/50

here is victor he blends very well.
and such great character and he perchs himself on rocks and looks about then quickly east some alge =P

Last edited:

BENNO

Dec 5, 2010
Central coast, nsw
ok guys got my self a yellow tang =P
nah i picked up my 2 black clowns this afternoon
i drip acclimitised them for 3 hours now they are running a muck
here are a few pictures + i go a new coral ID anyone?

in drip bucket

in tank 3 hours later

just put coral in tank ID?

half a hour later