"new" tank

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:hi: all

Here is a picture of "new" pleco tank, it does need a lot of superficial work to the cabinet but its solid and it does need a reseal, but thanks to tips given, hubby is looking forward to the challenge, thank goodness his best mate is going to be helping hubby with this project and i will post pics of the tank when the job is finished. Hubby said the tank will hold 600 litres and we are both excited.
100_0368.jpg
The tank and oak cabinet cost £50.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:hi: Scatz,this tank is going to be home for our two P Pardalis :love: and at the moment we dont have any plans to add any more plecs. Maybe in future who knows.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
In all honesty i have dreamed of the types of plecs i would love to have in there, but me and hubby are not as experienced at keeping plecs as others and we want to go slowly : D

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
In all honesty i have dreamed of the types of plecs i would love to have in there, but me and hubby are not as experienced at keeping plecs as others and we want to go slowly : D
Thats a good approach:yes:

Your commons will love it in there, very nice tank:clap:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thats a cool cabinet also.:yes: What kind of superficial work does it need?

Hi Big B

Thank you.

It is scratched around the bottom, and needs some wood replacing ( when you lift the lid there are corner pieces of wood that are water damaged), the lid is really heavy lol. He is also talking about replacing the front panel of wood on the lid to.

He is talking about sanding it down and repainting or revarnishing.

I still dont know how my hubby and his best friend got it home, it weighs a ton.

Last edited:

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
I like the wood on the tank and matching stand,looks kind of "antiquish"....

Speaking of wood,it looks like a whole tree could fit inside....

Just Kidding.....

:D

Should be fun with the restoration

Car people redo cars,Fish people redo Tanks..

:yes: