New to Corys

Feb 19, 2010
kentucky
We got a cory last week and I don't know what kind he is. Will try to get a pic soon. He's kinda orange with tiger stripes going from his back to belly. He wasn't supposed to be in with the plants we bought but after being in the mall for 2 hours and the Dr's office for 3 and 1hour drive home there he was swimming around like crazy. My daughter named him Lucky.

Feb 19, 2010
kentucky
Lorenk8, you're right. Lucky looks just like the orange one at the top of the thread. A Clown Loach wasn't what I had intended to get that day, and just finding out they can grow to over a foot in legnth I glad I started planning years ago to upgrade tanks as our Plecos grew. Accident or not, I'm glad he's got a bigger home now than he had in the pet store. I think he felt like he was dumped into the ocean when placed into our 55 gal tank. Thanks, now I won't sound like an idiot when I tell what's in our tank.

Rob1619

Aug 30, 2011
Cyprus
Just wanted to add that clown loaches are best kept in groups of 3-4 or more.
If you can get 2 more would be the best and then trade or sell them later on!

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
and clown loaches have sharp blades by their eyes , when it is chow time ,they can poke the other fish , so just wanted to mention that. And they need a hidy place they all can fit in together. They feel safer that way, and will squsih themselves into a tight tube or cave as a group.
Good luck whatever you choose .

Georgie

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
I had a plastic cliff like ornament in my tank once when i had 4 clown loaches and it was broken at the bottom so would bury it partially in the sand but they were forever getting in there and a pain to get out ><