omg ebay zebs

civicr

May 17, 2009
dundee
5 zebs just sold for £1386 i think £1380somthing

prices paid for zebs the last month is crazy i cnt belive the price of them. some people maybe cnt wait to grow zebs on,but for that money you could get a load of fry just take some time to build blood lines up

ive had zebs from all over the uk,also outwith the uk aswell

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
for a breeding group with 2 females im not suprised they hit that. if you wanted to you could make that money back in a relatively short time from selling the young and its not often a breeding group comes up for sale.

civicr

May 17, 2009
dundee
i sopose your right,that way but no guarantee they will spawn for you plus you prob have 6month -1year to get moneys back i have a group of wild m an f spawning pair plus a sub male and 2ed female,id never give them up unless i really really had to.
best of luck to the new owner tho.nice female in the pic tho

this topic was just to realy say i cnt belive the price the colony went for mad!!

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
i agree the price is mad, but thats what happens when a group is confirmed breeders. a lot of people are into fish purely to make money, and if thats the case the price paid is nothing when you think of thr return you could get over a 2-3 year period.

not saying the buyer has bought them for this reason but unfortinately theres a lot of people out there who just want to make a quick buck

i have a breeing group as well and would not sell them either unless i had no choice

I

intrepidmax

I would like a breeding group and if I had a breeding group then I wouldn't sell them either...

Although I have some water that zebs can live in and will sell you it for £1386 ono no offers ....no tyre kickers or window lickers please.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
were these marsbars zebs?, its not a bad price considering they were proven breeders when you think that individual adults can/have/do reach in excess of £300 each

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I guess zebs are one of the few breeding types that can pay for themselves.
IF you can get them to breed (says one who has youngsters and still wating patiently)
I know I will never come near to covering costs with my current breeders, but if they contribute a bit to the food bill I'm not complaining. I just love them anyway!.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
IF you can get them to breed (says one who has youngsters and still wating patiently)
I know I will never come near to covering costs with my current breeders, but if they contribute a bit to the food bill I'm not complaining. I just love them anyway!.
:goodpost:

civicr

May 17, 2009
dundee
wish there were more people like us,far too many people breed zebs for £££s
i just love having such a special and rare fish and i am lucky enough to have them breeding (well when they feel like it)i dont play with water or temps i just leave them be and there very happy always come out at feeding time.

also i have gone to great efforts in mixing blood lines as im a firm believer of this.

but i also understand when it come to selling up you would want as much as poss,but selling fry some people get greedy,but i no up in soctland there are not many known breeders and prices tend to be a little higher

BombHead666

Apr 21, 2009
Bedale - North Yorkshire
:goodpost:
:goodpost: I second that

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Here in oz there are very few plec species you cant make your money back on.
Mates rates are a thing to be loved though.
Zebs are in oz trading at around $900 at 4cmTL and i know of very few people with them so prices will stay that way for a while.