omnivore not taking veges... .

MUTLI

Mar 5, 2011
Bundaberg ,qld
ok so i've read and tried feeding my 333's cucumber and zukini(spelling) but doesnt even look like a single nibble? Any thoughts/comments would be appreitated.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Hypans can be considered omnivores but most lean towards a diet higher in animal proteins.
How many times have you tried feeding veggies? You can't really expect to feed a couple times & have them eat it right off, even herbivorous plecs don't necessarily take veggies their first feedings. They often need to be taught that veggies are food items. Some species of plecs prefer some types of veggies & others won't touch them. It comes down to trial & error in determining waht your fish will eat. There are also a couple of tricks to get them to take veggies - the garlic trick & sticking wafers in the veggies are two often used.

Jamez

Feb 9, 2011
Brisbane, Australia.
I've been having some troubles getting my omnivores to try some veg too. I haven't had much success with zucini even with some wafers stuck into it so I might give the butternut pumpkin a go. I find my eartheaters and SAE's are more into it then my plecs.

And with the pelleted food you feed your plecs, where abouts do you guys get your hikari carnivore and masivore pellets from? Been having trouble trying to find some and not in 1kg packets.

Last edited: