On my travels

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Maybe an on my travels section would be of use. So we could all let each other know what we have seen while out and about. Example would be

Fish: L200
Price: £30
Size: 4inch
Quantity: Last one.

Please note there is not one there its just an example haha.

Ive used these sections on other forums and they seem to work well.

Joe.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Sounds fantastic idear so If like me when I am out hunting hypans and whips I see a cheap fish that is not my sort of thing I let the site know?

Sounds good.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Sounds fantastic idear so If like me when I am out hunting hypans and whips I see a cheap fish that is not my sort of thing I let the site know?

Sounds good.
Thats exactly right mate. Ive actually posted under such a thread before and actually been and got a fish mentioned the same thread.. Just gives people a heads up about what is around.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
i also agree that this would be a good idea :clap:if someone is looking for a specific fish this is a good way of letting them know:thumbup:
I did think it would be a decent idea... But it looks like either management dont agree or they just have not seen the thread. I think the later is impossible.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
We were waiting to see what other members said before posting. Personally I think its a good idea but would prefer if everyone used the UK forum( not buy/sell) until we see that there is enough interest and threads before opening a forum. We have opened forums before that have been requested ie hardware reviews and the only content in there is

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
We were waiting to see what other members said before posting. Personally I think its a good idea but would prefer if everyone used the UK forum( not buy/sell) until we see that there is enough interest and threads before opening a forum. We have opened forums before that have been requested ie hardware reviews and the only content in there is
I get what you are saying, but if there is no specific section people just will not do it. But when its there they will. How about meet in the middle and do a trial run for a month or so and see if it has any posts? I understand that you dont want to create it if it wont be used but thats whats happened to the Asia buy sell section and that is still available.

All the best
Joe.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Haven't forgotten this, now Christmas is out the way, we can have a think and make a decision:yes:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
would be useful if anyone ever travels around my lfs area as i dont get out much.
not heeps of plec fans in norfolk, but guess visitors might come this way and alert me to something good.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
what, to make us Aussies jealous of the low prices.....jsut makes us :drool:
Agree though and maybe we can also have this of downunder. I vist about 3-4 LFS a week and know what is around in Ls and this would honestly be a good way yo promote our hobby and also others who are looking for Ls.
cheers jk :thumbup:

rpp1973

Apr 26, 2009
Stroud (Gloucestershire)
this sounds like a good idea. only problem i see is that its only accurate on the day the shop was visited. and some shops dont give concreat ID.

i would be happy to list the few shops i visit local to me .

Aquajardin i know have L134,L333.......and still have some beautiful bristol bred plecs.:clap::clap:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
this sounds like a good idea. only problem i see is that its only accurate on the day the shop was visited. and some shops dont give concreat ID.

i would be happy to list the few shops i visit local to me .

Aquajardin i know have L134,L333.......and still have some beautiful bristol bred plecs.:clap::clap:
Indeed they do wounderfull L002 and L411. A top shop

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
I would also love to be able to post what i see when I visit my Aquarium store, they usually have some nice plecs , and they ship, but I don't notice anyone on this site from my area ,so.... no sense for me to do it, but I do see the value in it , someone could be looking for a specific L , for long time and someone else is seeing it in another store , sounds like a great idea across the pond. :dk: up to the admins. :hi: I was looking for a few sultans ,impossible to find here, so I went with the L128's , which I love too, but if I came across a sultan , well it would be new tank time ,(and a new car for hubby )....:whistle:
Georgie

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
I would also love to be able to post what i see when I visit my Aquarium store, they usually have some nice plecs , and they ship, but I don't notice anyone on this site from my area ,so.... no sense for me to do it, but I do see the value in it , someone could be looking for a specific L , for long time and someone else is seeing it in another store , sounds like a great idea across the pond. :dk: up to the admins. :hi: I was looking for a few sultans ,impossible to find here, so I went with the L128's , which I love too, but if I came across a sultan , well it would be new tank time ,(and a new car for hubby )....:whistle:
Georgie
You stated they ship! but that no-one lives around your area? Even more reason for you to do it, others then make a phone call and get what they want shipped!