One of the uses of Riccia within the aquarium

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
it does look nice!

i did try some a while ago, tied some to a log with cotton threat (did not know about the hairnet idea!) and left some to float.
within a few days the fish had eaten the lot!!
so can only use with certain fish!

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Wouldn't be much use for a plec tank lol, but certainly for a nano or planted tank. Might try it when i get my bum in gear and order the nano tank.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
yeah it was very nice. It grew to a nice size then i stopped using the Co2 and it just went brown and died off.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I think Ill probably use proper Co2 and not excel. My rio was planted out and had co2, then got into plecs, stopped using co2 and most of the plants died off.:(

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
If it wasnt so expensive i would have real Co2 too but to spend that much on a 8 liter tank isnt worth it. if it is the dennerle nano you are getting they also do a nice nano glassware set and new nano Co2 canisters....pricey mind.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
they also do a nice nano glassware set and new nano Co2 canisters....pricey mind.
lol Ive seen them, i like the dennerle tanks better than any others ive looked at, def getting the dennerle tank, just can't make my mind up about which way to go with Co2. I don't want a yeast set up even though miles cheaper but almost £100 for Co2 in a tiny tank seems loads

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
I'm currently using a yeast setup, (my beer brew kit is attached to a power-head dispersing co2 from the fermenting beer)
I used a Fluidised bed filter and converted it into a co2 chamber.

Just half fill it with water add yeast and sugar, i removed the cap at the top took out the sand and re-sealed it after adding the ingredients then added a power-head to spread the co2.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Dont use that personally. I use easy carbo. Richard sells it and his own brand too!
Ill have a look, cheers

I'm currently using a yeast setup, (my beer brew kit is attached to a power-head dispersing co2 from the fermenting beer)
I used a Fluidised bed filter and converted it into a co2 chamber.

Just half fill it with water add yeast and sugar, i removed the cap at the top took out the sand and re-sealed it after adding the ingredients then added a power-head to spread the co2.
Thats pretty cool, you should do a diy article:D

but im gonna skip yeast set ups.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
lol no. Been too busy with the site.
Still have the funds though, ill try and order it over the weekend.