Paint

mike0605

Nov 2, 2009
Hoylake (Wirral)
I bought a new 3 x 15 x 12 tank which I am going to, over time, transfer my compta into so I can have a go at breeding them.

Was thinking of painting the back and sides black or possibly blue lilke some others I have seen although I was going to go with black (my thought being the darker the better).

Can you use any paint from say the local store? As the paint is going on the outside of the tank not in it or do you still have to be careful?

Also do you have to get a special kind of glass paint or is any house paint likely to take?

Thanks for any advice on this.

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Im pretty sure most people who do this use general emulsion paint to do there tanks, you can get black emulsion at dulux centres, or theres a place in bolton called ALDCROFT ADHESIVES LTD that do a really good black paint we use it at work for painting set at film+tv studios.

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
I go with blackboard paint also, nice and thick and sticks to the glass well and doesn't let any light through after a couple of coats, and a big tin at Homebase is about £10

J

mike0605

Nov 2, 2009
Hoylake (Wirral)
decided to go with the blackboard paint from my local wilkinsons. Do you guys apply with paintbrush or roller? just wondering which tends to take better to glass

thanks