perspex

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
love perspex, you not got one of those things for bending plastic that looks sort of like a toaster. Want some :)

Forgot to say I was top of my class for design and technology. Left the design out though better to just mess on I think unless it is your materials you are using then do a design plan lol.

Last edited:

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Shame they are great, make loads of funny shapes. I am sure if you had the stuff on a large enough scale you could bend it into a fish tank. Just don't leave it on the toaster thing or it catches fire!

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Perspex warps. 6mm is better.Make a flyscreen frame instead.

Can't see why it would matter if it warped as its only a divider unless there was something big and strong that could knock it out the way as it can bend making perspex brilliant for melting and bending into shapes.

Something strong and permanent would have to be acrylic.

Trying to think which type I mean will do some research and get back acrylic is perspex but not lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylic_glass#cite_note-6

perspex is the brand name im sure.

glass and silicone is the only other option for dividers but then they would be totally different tanks and drilling through glass is dodgy.

Right I'm done had enough of this thread.lol

Thought I was done but here:

"There are some misconceptions about acrylic, namely that it yellows, turns brittle and cracks over time. Though this might be true of very cheap forms of plastic, it is not so with acrylic. For example, the fighter planes of WWII have acrylic bubble-tops. Airplane windows are also acrylic. If taken care of, acrylic remains new looking regardless of age or exposure to sun. Some people worry that acrylic scratches too easily, but unlike glass, scratches can be easily buffed out of acrylic."

So not sure about warping but as long as it isn't the cheap made perspex acrylic and you don't have a great white shark in your tank and you secure it correctly in the tank it should be strong. Also you don't have scolding water that can melt it out of shape.

Now I'm done, pmsl.

lol you could heat something up and melt holes through the perspex would be an option to drilling.

Last edited: