Please help sexing clowns

Speedforce

Jun 5, 2013
London
Hi Travis

Fish number 1- too young to tell, educated guess, male due to body shape. L-104

Fish number 2- 100% young adult male L-104

Fish number 3- Inconclusive, too young, head shape seems like a male but its starting to get broad behind pectoral fins which is a female trait, I would condition them with high protein foods such as JMC catfish pellets and check her out again in a few weeks. L-104

Fish number 4- Very, very stressed young L-104, too young to sex, however females tend to change colour when stressed, in a more prominent way than male 104's, could be a female but its too early to tell, 4 months on there should be no doubt :).

Fish number 5- 100% young adult male L-104 , its eyes are wide apart, it started to show odontode growth on it back and the tapering body shape is a dead give away.

Unfortunately so far there is no 100% clear cut female, :( will try and dig out a pic of one of mine for you to compare.

Kind regards

Joseph.

Travis3875

Jun 28, 2014
Colorado
Ok well i have that 1 female from my earlier shots. And thank you very much for tanking the time to try and figure it out. Theyve seemed to calm down now but i think my ph is still a little low with all the driftwood in there. And im slowly getting my tank clear bc my circulation pump was starting to pull up sand. But i will get them adjusted an start feeding protein and take more pics in a few months thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedforce

Jun 5, 2013
London
Hi Travis

Its ok to feed protein but not every day or bloat may occur, do it day in day out, alternate with courgette or any other veg.

Regards