Plecoplanet Online Chat?

Jarrah

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, NSW
Hi,

I know it seems a bit outrageous lol but what about an online chat?
Like Facebook chat or msn messenger.... I have been on other forums that have it and I would think it would work well,
You create a friend list or people that you know/trade with/ or want to talk to and you can chat when you are both online.
Sorry if this is very hard to do lol, just thought I would bring it up :)

Thanks

Jarrah

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Hi Jarrah
It is something we have considered and decided against for now but it could be possible in the future.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
No worries:)
If you have any other suggestions for helping improve Plecoplanet, feel free to post.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Chat is excellent but I am afraid it kills forums dead. People will log onto chat with their question and get the answers straight away without having to post anything on the forum. The forum IMO will slowly wilt away and information that people can sift through will dry up. I have seen several sites dry up because of chat

Is there not away of setting up a chat room on msn where people can log into?

Cheers

thegeeman

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Chat is excellent but I am afraid it kills forums dead. People will log onto chat with their question and get the answers straight away without having to post anything on the forum. The forum IMO will slowly wilt away and information that people can sift through will dry up. I have seen several sites dry up because of chat

Cheers

thegeeman
I guess

smart

Nov 8, 2009
hertfordshire

Cheers

thegeeman
:yes:

weisel

May 5, 2009
st albans
i would highly recommened NOT doing a chat, i am speaking from experiance from my own site. thats all i got to say about it, lol.

peace