Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Last edited:

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
ive just posted some today Jo for delivery tomorrow morning by special delivery by 1pm, do you think there will be any problems with that delivery????

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
More and more strikes planned please note the strike locations when posting your fish by Royal Mail special delivery over the next few weeks although all posties are being balloted for an national all out strike in September

Postal Strikes for Week of 17th August
Another week of postal strikes is set for next week affecting East Anglia, London, the South West and other parts of the UK. Royal Mail network drivers will again be striking affecting all cross-country mail services. Full details of strike action are listed below.
Strike action takes place in Nottingham, Leeds and Carrickfergus for the first time since the national dispute of 2007. All strike action is for 24hours unless stated otherwise. Further information will follow next week.
Monday 17th August:
Coventry delivery office (~500 staff)
Leamington Spa delivery office (~140 staff)
London Airport Mail Unit (~120 staff)
London Mount Pleasant (over 2,000 staff in deliveries, collections and sorting)
Nottingham East delivery office (~50 staff)
Stoke-on-Trent (continuous strike action)
Wednesday 19th August:
Network drivers (~1,300 staff) at:
· Birmingham Vehicle Operation Centre
· Coventry
· East London Regional Distribution Centre
· East London VOC
· Essex RDC,
· Greenford VOC
· National Distribution Centre, Northampton
· Nine Elms VOC, Vauxhall
· Peterborough VOC
· Princes Royal Distribution Centre Indoor and VOC, north London
· South West Regional Distribution Centre Indoor and Drivers, Bristol
· Yorkshire Distribution Centre VOC, Leeds
Plus all of London deliveries, collections and sorting with the exception of Mount Pleasant and London Airport Mail Unit.
Thursday 20th August
Peterborough delivery office
Friday 21st August
Peterborough collection drivers
Kings Lynn delivery office
Saturday 22nd August
Boston delivery office
Carrickfergus delivery office (Northern Ireland)
Monday 24th August:
Skegness Delivery Office Lincolnshire
Huntingdon Delivery Office Huntingdonshire

Doodle

May 4, 2009
Bracknell
Its a shame that they think they are going to get anywhere, some offices last time had to cancel they're strike as they were not getting anywhere and suprise surprise they were losing money and couldnt afford to stay out. ( double standards if you ask me!)

Personally i would sack most of them for striking in this day and age, especially with everyone else in the same boat.

Union- ancient times roll with it, move on get a proper job!

Apologise if this upsets people but it angers me that they think the world owes them a favour. Who do they think they are, who do they think gets the mail when they go on strike? They strike in the middle of summer!- Have you ever seen them strike in the middle of winter when its freezing outside? Nope nor have i.

Anyway its nearly christmas- bring on the overtime!

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Actually we are striking about offices being closed ours included with the loss of 1000 jobs my own and my husbands after a combined 35 years service - and the exact reason we started our own business I don't think the world owes me a favour quiet the opposite I go into work do my job happily and go home no issue but I will fight to save my employment who wouldn't. I started this thread to warn people that there fish would get delayed if they posted on certain days as I know a lot of fish sellers use special delivery and are not fully aware that the strikes are happening as certain areas of the country are unaffected its a shame it is being dragged into something it is not meant to be.

Last edited:

scottie73

Apr 21, 2009
hampshire england
i think its a shame that you have to resort to such drastic measures,and unfortunatly the end result is usually the same..they still get closed... i don't have much faith in unions any more..we walked out for 1 day over a pay dispute...under recomendation from our union..all lost 1 days pay,then the following day the union said they arent gonna give us any more money..so they recomend taking the offer!!!..so we all lost money..probably more than the annual rise..and got nothing in return..
but im all for the postal service and any other service provider standing up for themselves...but will it actually make the management change their mind...doubtful!!

scottie73

Apr 21, 2009
hampshire england
just a thought..do we all remember the fuel blockades a few yrs back?..everyone thought it was great ..until they started running out of petrol everywhere..and did it actually work???...nope..petrol has gone up and up..still over £1 a ltr here..never gonna go back down..sorry for my ramble...

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
well problem is that if I post fish to go to the other side of the country I do not know which route it will go therefor which depots etc so if any are on strike I am wary of posting fish.

I

intrepidmax

Jo I know how hard it is to be getting possibly laid off. but would it not be an idea for you to branch out and become a huge fish seller. there is nothing you cant do at the end of the day. I think you would do really well and wouldn't need to work for the PO.

I keep thinking about opening my own shop and leaving my job but I just keep getting depressed every time I look at the back of the PFK and see how many maidenheads there is.

there is openings in the tropical fish trade but im not yet sure exactly where. but when I work it out........Im taking over the world. lol.