POT NOODLE EFFORT.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside

Ok here it is the pot noodle effort.. Im really disappointed. The silicone has dried off and doesnt look as bad now but the gaps are disapointing but it would be too much effort to make it perfect if i wanted to make more than one. I was considering making another one but this time heating sand, spreading it out, thin layer of silicone all over the pot noodle tub and then to roll it in the sand. Any thoughts?

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Cichlids? No good for them to spawn in mate, the caves need to very low as most of the time the female wont let the male in to fertilise the eggs so he has to waft it in from outside, if its too tall the man juice wont reach the eggs.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Cichlids? No good for them to spawn in mate, the caves need to very low as most of the time the female wont let the male in to fertilise the eggs so he has to waft it in from outside, if its too tall the man juice wont reach the eggs.
Ive got Panduro spawning in a very similar height at the moment mate.

Man Juice haha

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Thinkng about it im pretty sure they wouldnt lay the eggs at the very top anyway and probably on the sides so shouldnt be a problem

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Thinkng about it im pretty sure they wouldnt lay the eggs at the very top anyway and probably on the sides so shouldnt be a problem
The eggs i observed were laid on the side. The did not go further than the egg stage because the L147 took a shine to them. :( so thats why the 9x L147 are up for sale. Well i say sale wouldnt mind swapping either.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
You have too much time on your hands Joe:lol::lol:

That said, Your Blue Peter badge is in the post:clap:

Cheers

thegeeman
Too much time on my hands... I WISH... 2 kids under 4, and a nagging mrs who hates fish... :wb: but i wouldnt change them for the world.:whistle: or would i:dk::whistle:

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Lovely job can't beat a goof pot noodle, having said that I reckon yoghurt pots might be better size wise for Apistogrammas. I use 1/2 coconuts for mine, cheap and easy to make.
cheers Darrel

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Hi all,
Lovely job can't beat a goof pot noodle, having said that I reckon yoghurt pots might be better size wise for Apistogrammas. I use 1/2 coconuts for mine, cheap and easy to make.
cheers Darrel
Thats an idea Darrel. I just wanted to try something different. The coconuts are good tho i have some of them too.