Pygmy Cory

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
The price is probably what you could expect to pay in a shop, as they are better in a shoal of at least 6 but preferably more 10+, I would try and get a bit of a discount.

Corydoras pygmaeus grow to about an inch.

I have a shoal of 10 and think they are a great little fish.:thumbup:

Corydoras pygmaeus is the true pygmy cory but Corydoras hastatus and Corydoras habrosus sometimes get called pygmy cory.

L273

Oct 5, 2010
worcester, UK
bit pricey, i got mine for £1.25ea or 10 for £10. so i bought the 10 and now i have about 50 :lol: nice little fish, but need to be kept in large groups.

but i prefer Corydoras hastatus as they look a lot better in my opinion.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Corydoras pygmaeus is fairly easy to find and fairly cheap. C. habrosus is a bit more uncommon, and you don't see C. hastatus for sale very often at all. Corydoras pygmaeus & C. hastatus are both really smart little fish, but C. hastatus is definitely more of a "looker". I've never kept C. habrosus.

It may be due to the tank they are in, but I see the pygmaeus much more frequently than I see the hastatus, which tend to behave more like a bigger cory and be bottom orientated. The pygmaeus are all over the tank as a shoal, but do occasionally rest on leaves in 1 and 2's.

If you have a look on PC, "Apistomaster" has some threads, on all 3 dwarfs, where he talks about how he breeds them as a colony.

cheers Darrel

Last edited: