Recommend cories??

Qba

Jan 5, 2011
South East England
I have a 90 litre planted aquarium with two bristlenoses (1 common 1 longfin) and a school of 6 neon tetras. Could I possibly get some cories??

I know sterbas corydoras grow under 3 inches but do they have to be kept in big groups?? Would i be overstocking then??

Pls help :D

Cheers

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Corys are schooling fish & generally do better in schools of 6 or more. There are many that keep them individually but the behavior they exhibit in a school is remarkably different. To get a true glimpse of their personalities keep them in schools.

There are many smaller corys that could be kept in a school in your tank. One I like is C. harbrosus. C. hastatus is another. C. panda stay relatively small as well.

L273

Oct 5, 2010
worcester, UK
i have 30-40 C. hastatus in my tank and i rarely ever see them :lol:

a small group of 5-6 should be ok, C. panda are your best bet personally as they don't don't get too big but a reasonable size so you can see them properly.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
I had 6 sterbais and they are wonderful to observe. But also agree on Pandas. I think you should go to the LFS and it would be your own choice which colour and pattern you wish and then see the sizes. There are so many corries around nowadays. cheers jk :thumbup:

DJ-don

Dec 14, 2009
Canberra Australia
If you want to follow the KISS principle
(Keep it simple stupid) {not saying you are stupid :p}

Bronze corydoras are great.
i have a group of 20 and they're just marvelous to watch.

or Corydoras schwartzi but they do get a bit bigger than the average corydoras, but they have the uncanny habit of mid water shoaling. its a great sight

or you can get Corydoras Leucomelas and they stay small and are great corydoras to keep. I love mine
usually when you get them they are WC because they havent been bred in captivity from what i know