rummy nose tetra

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
ok, with the risk of being a pain in the butt, (see last 2 threads) I am wondering about rummy nose tetras. Wonder if they would be a good fit and I keep my tank temp at 79d . I know some members have experience with these , and wonder how they might do in my tank ? Tank needs more fish! How many if so ? thanks

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi Darrel , thanks for the infor and link. They seem delicate and I would prob become ocd counting them 5 times a day :wb: While I do 10% daily wc's ,there are times when I can't so that concerns me with these guys . I called the store to see if they had any and he said yep and to get 20 ! Now I know why . Now I am leaning on transfering the harlequins to my 30g and get the congo tetras. They would look great in the main tank. Will see tomorrow when I go to pick up the L128. Many thanks for the info.. this has been very insighful and I appreciate all the responses .

beencees

Nov 5, 2011
Brisbane
The choice is yours but i never had problems with Rummynose and found them to be an excellant fish. It's true they will do much better in a planted tank and sure, if you have poor water conditions then they will no doubt die off but i never found them to be particularly delicate at all and never had any loses.
I intend on keeping both Congos and Rummynose in my new planted tank when i set it up as i don't see a problem with either of these fish.
I would be more concerned with fish such as Serpae's, Black Widows etc which are much more prone to fin nipping.
HTH

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
thanks, Beenc, now that I have the info I asked for on all my choices, I can make a more educated decision. The store is nearly an hour drive and going today. Not sure what I will choose, need to see them, but still leaning toward the congos, and who knows, maybe get a small shoal of rummys for the 30g and tell my husband the platy in there are going for a ride to lfs. So many platy in my 20g that I had to move some to my 30 and I never really wanted platy,purchased a pregnant one accidently (