Some cichlid happy snaps

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
I've just found these on my camera, from a couple of weeks ago I think.

Last edited:

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Cracking pics Mike :clap::clap::clap: Would you mind if I used one of your cacatoides pics for my web site? the one I have is ***p
Absolutely not, pm me your email addy, I have one i'm saving for the next contest that i'll send you as well

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
beautiful photography. You must have a really good camera. My camera is not a great digital camera. brilliant outside but rubbish trying to focus through the glass and catching fish without loads of blur.

How do you manage to get the fish so sharp without the blur. Do you have to take lots of photos and delete some or do those fish move slow.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
beautiful photography. You must have a really good camera. My camera is not a great digital camera. brilliant outside but rubbish trying to focus through the glass and catching fish without loads of blur.

How do you manage to get the fish so sharp without the blur. Do you have to take lots of photos and delete some or do those fish move slow.
A combination of

- DSLR
- Patience
- Practice
- Luck
- Understanding settings

yes in those photos the fish weren't moving very fast.

It would be a step up in terms of equipment to get fast moving fish, slave flashes etc.

Thanks for all the feedback so far :thumbup:

Rob-T

Aug 21, 2011
Ayrshire
they are stunning shots, im impressed, i take it, no flash, V-high app, medium exposure (though how you would mangage to limit the blur like that i can only guess, ill have to give it a go)

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
they are stunning shots, im impressed, i take it, no flash, V-high app, medium exposure (though how you would mangage to limit the blur like that i can only guess, ill have to give it a go)
exif data for the shot below

F4
1/50
ISO3200 (the high iso performance blows my mind)
Spot metering
Shot on D90 with 18-105 @ 28mm

fish not moving much at all

Rob-T

Aug 21, 2011
Ayrshire
ahh that explains it, im still using my old canon 350D, at high ISO it tends to be very grainy unless you supplement the light heavily which is difficult with a tank Glass reflection etc.

all that aside its still an impressive shot, i think i may have to invest in a nikon !!!

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
ahh that explains it, im still using my old canon 350D, at high ISO it tends to be very grainy unless you supplement the light heavily which is difficult with a tank Glass reflection etc.

all that aside its still an impressive shot, i think i may have to invest in a nikon !!!
If you have Canon glass already don't necessarily change, anything from a 500d upwards (550 and 600) will produce shots like that on a kit lense.

I am pining for a Nikon D7000 though ;)

Light is an issue for me a well, I am borrowing a macro tube tomorrow to see what I can do with that.