some parasites on my plec?

T1000

Oct 18, 2009
Singapore
need some help, been treating this guy for quite a while but with zero improvement:wb:

initially i thought it was white spots and have been treating it with Mardel's coppersafe but with no improvement at all:dk:

have also used heater & salt treatment, same...no effect

it has been more than a month and i am now loss...

anyone can advice:cry:

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
I cant see a parasite, but i can see what looks to be a fungal infection.
Using salt you should have noticed a stop in its production or at least a slow down in its production.
Have you tried any form of anti-fungal remedy?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Its hard from just photos to diagnose.
if I dont know exactly what I am treating I use the two fixes (melafix and Pimafix by API)
togther, they are good for general things but not as strong as a specific medicine.
have you tried them?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Just to add, fungus is usually a secondary ailment, whilst fungus may be visible, it is possible that there is something underlying going on which could be bacterial as Lorne says.

Let us know how you get on with any meds.

T1000

Oct 18, 2009
Singapore
is he eating? Worms?
he's eating.

Just to add, fungus is usually a secondary ailment, whilst fungus may be visible, it is possible that there is something underlying going on which could be bacterial as Lorne says.

Let us know how you get on with any meds.
any progress?
i have started treating this guy with med for bacterial & fungus. there seems to have improvement. However, the recovery seems rather slow. Will update again.