Free sort of free 5ft, 400L

Sam

Apr 24, 2009
Sussex, UK
I realise that this is long shot – but I’m desperate – so it’s worth a try.

I have a beech coloured 400 litre tank with stand. (Jewel Rio 400.) 5ft x 2ft x something.

As well as the internal Jewel filter, it has an external Fluval 305 and an internal Fluval 4 plus. Has a new heater as the Jewel one died. Can’t remember brand at present but it’s nothing posh.

The front is scratch free. There is a half a cm scratch to left side of tank.
I’m unsure how to describe this next bit. The Rio lids have little sticky out bits (about half cm) that slot in the lid. One has broken off. It in no way interferes with the appearance or way the lid sits on the tank though.

The above tank is free to anyone willing to take on a foot long L001.

I am desperate and heartbroken to do this. I’m sure I can easily find homes for all my other plecs – but I know L001’s are not desirable and can’t bear the thought of him ending up like all the terribly sad commons in aquatic stores.

I live on the first floor and have had my tanks here without problems for about 4 years. However, following a recent visit, the housing association has decided that I have to get rid of my 2 biggest tanks.
So bear in mind, that it needs to come down a flight of stairs.

As I said, I know this is a long shot – but I’m desperate.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Thats Shocking, i hope you find good homes for your plecs, really sad news, bloody bureaucrats.

I know L001’s are not desirable and can’t bear the thought of him ending up like all the terribly sad commons in aquatic stores.
I was in Woburn Sands MA the other weekend and i counted about 36 L001s spread around their tanks:(

I'll ask around see if anyone i know is interested.
dimensions are about 60" x 25" x 20"

teddyman5

Oct 4, 2009
leeds
Don't want the tank as I'm too far away but if you wanted to arrange post then I would rehome your plec.
Thanks
Chris
Just outside Leeds

Sam

Apr 24, 2009
Sussex, UK
Thanks for the replies and PM’s everyone. I confess to shedding a tear or 300.

Graham was the first person to respond according to the plecoplanet clock, so unless he changes his mind the L001 will be going to live with him.

Intrepidmax, if Graham decides against going ahead – they are yours.

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I couldn’t post.

And many thanks to everyone else.

Now to put up thread for other plecs…

BombHead666

Apr 21, 2009
Bedale - North Yorkshire
WOW! Even from my current location of Scotland, I can see the vultures from here! Shame on you lot

So so sorry to read this Sam. A bit extreme I know, but any chance of a move that would allow the tank? Its a hobby and way of life like this that keeps you sane in this dog eat dog world