Storing wafers etc

kakamac

Good Evening All,

I have a huge amount of one particular wafer that I am looking to store away so as to prevent the food from going stale. Does anyone have any tips for storage? I'd appreciate any tips possible. My thought is to stick it in an air tight container and freeze it. Am I on the right track? I appreciate everyones help on this.

Regards,
Kak

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Will it not go all mushy when you thaw it out if you freeze it?

Cheers

thegeeman
Not if they aren't wet before you freeze it. They won't actually freeze so much as there isn't much moisture in the wafers. Also why it helps to vacuum seal the food prior to freezing, to remove as much moisture as possible before freezing. Helps to allow the food to "thaw" in an enclosed container before exposing it to the air as well.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
when I bulk buy I keep the majority sealed in original bag in a cool dark space (under the stairs) and keep enough for a week or so in a screw top jar.

wheres the best place to bulk buy earthworm sticks?

kakamac

Well thankyou to all for your replies they have been quite helpful. Traditionally I have used air tight containers but had spoken to a few people who freeze their excess food stuffs so it has been interesting to read the replies to this thread. Geeman what brand are those earthworm sticks?

Regards,
Kak

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
TA Aquaculture

Irene,
Tim Addis at TA Aquaculture does them at £4.50 for 100g plus any postage.

To buy in bulk from the U.S. you're getting 5lb or 2.3kg for £85, works out at £3.70/100g inc postage

If you only want small quantities go to TA, or get together with other members and order in bulk.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
TGM,
Good plan! If you buy in even greater bulk than 5lb, you get an even better deal!

I'd be happy to buy in to a bigger bulk buy than the one I have been getting!

Cheers,
Mark.