Stress

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi

If you have have read my urgent assistance post you will know the story.

Today the Clown Loach are showing signs of stress which is expected and understandable, i have turned the tank light of after feeding this morning, in your opinion how long should i keep the tank light of for, and how many days should i repeat the process of turning the light on to feed and then turning it of again?.

Will having the light of cause my other fish any stress?

Thank you.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
As far as i'm aware having the light off won't be a problem for the other fish
regards the clowns, they will be understandably stressed after their treatment, the worrying thing is we have no idea how they've been living upto the moment the lad brought them to you, if the state of the filter is anything to go by not good, i really don't want to cause you any further panic and i hope somebody else can get in here and re-assure you otherwise but the 3 clowns i took down to Portsmouth for my friend must have got stressed by the journey because within a few weeks they had developed Ich or possibly Velvet and despite his best efforts they all died

like i say Please don't panic i am crossing all my fingers for you, i am sure with the help of the forum you can get through this without further upset.
Best of Luck

p.s. i'm sorry for the doom and gloom i just didn't want to sugar coat things for you :(

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Having the light off reduces stress for all fish, leave it off for a couple of days, they will be fine:yes:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
As far as i'm aware having the light off won't be a problem for the other fish
regards the clowns, they will be understandably stressed after their treatment, the worrying thing is we have no idea how they've been living upto the moment the lad brought them to you, if the state of the filter is anything to go by not good, i really don't want to cause you any further panic and i hope somebody else can get in here and re-assure you otherwise but the 3 clowns i took down to Portsmouth for my friend must have got stressed by the journey because within a few weeks they had developed Ich or possibly Velvet and despite his best efforts they all died

like i say Please don't panic i am crossing all my fingers for you, i am sure with the help of the forum you can get through this without further upset.
Best of Luck

p.s. i'm sorry for the doom and gloom i just didn't want to sugar coat things for you :(
Hi Sweety

My hubby has already prepared me, so no worries, in truth i didnt expect to see them alive this morning, and i am expecting something to happen and will be a miracle if it dosent.

I am so grateful and pleased that i have the help of this forum and please keep your fingers crossed and i am glad for all opinions and advice, i dont think you are doom and gloom at all.

Thank you : )

indigoj

May 3, 2009
Bury, Lancs
Well, the light is broken on my oscar tank and they seem quite happy in the dark - it does get a fair bit of daylight though.

Think you are doing everything you can to help your new additions - clean water and a bit of care can work wonders :)