For Sale Tank raised L46 zebra plecos for sale

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
If you are looking for L46 zebra plecos. I have quite a few available ranging in size from 1 inch to 2 and 1/2 inches. These were bred and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuckyFish

Nov 14, 2012
Bay Area
Not ready for these yet but could be soon.
What is your ask price approximately?
Would pick up be a possibility?
What is your ph, hardness that you used to breed them and keep them in?

Thanks

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
Info on tank raised zebra plecos

Not ready for these yet but could be soon.
What is your ask price approximately?
Would pick up be a possibility?
What is your ph, hardness that you used to breed them and keep them in?

Thanks
There are three size ranges and prices:

1-1.5": $100
1.5-2": $120
2"+: $140

I am outside of Livermore, CA. If you are close enough to consider picking them up, or having me deliver them, that would definitely work.

The were bred and the young fish were raised in Reverse Osmosis (very soft) water, pH 7.3, to which I add Discus Essentials. All of the parents (a mix of tank bred and wild plecos) were originally in hard water, but I slowly switched them over when making water changes by adding back RO water to which I add Discus Essentials. The zebra plecos are VERY adaptable and will do well in either hard or soft water. The breeding tank is kept at 85degF but the young fish are maintained around 81-83degF.

Rod47

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
Zebra plecos

Do you ship?
Yes, I ship by Federal Express overnight. The cost to you would be $50 for a delivery during the week (I eat half the cost) and the cost for a Sat delivery is $88. It is the most reliable method of shipping.

Where are you located? If you live close enough that the cost for gas would be less than the shipping, I could deliver.

Additional info is on the www.buyzebrapleco.com site.

Rod47

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
There will probably be some available for another 4-5 weeks. But it depends on the size you are looking for. I have 9 of the 2"+ left, 23 of the 1.5-2" and 10 of the 1-1.5" left. The larger ones tend to go more quickly. What size are you interested in?

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
Viperss01

Great, I will contact you when they are ready. I suspect it will be near the end of summer. Is there a particular size you are looking for?

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
Chris

I will be taking the next group out of the breeding tank next weekend (Oct 12); the fry from the last spawn are now large enough to be removed. I only break down the breeding tank once every 9 months to remove the young plecos (that way it disrupts the breeders as little as possible and maximizes the number of spawns).

Since there is such a demand for them, I have a waiting list that is fairly long (there are 72 people currently on the list) and I have to go down the list in the order people requested to be put on it. But I encourage all those that get on the list to feel free to get them from someone else if they get a good deal or decide not to wait. So I won't know how many on the list will still want plecos until I contact them. If you would like, I would be happy to put you on the waiting list and let you know how far I get down the list when I start shipping them out.

Rod

mustangthz

Sep 30, 2013
Gobles, MI
Please add me to the list

I will be taking the next group out of the breeding tank next weekend (Oct 12); the fry from the last spawn are now large enough to be removed. I only break down the breeding tank once every 9 months to remove the young plecos (that way it disrupts the breeders as little as possible and maximizes the number of spawns).

Since there is such a demand for them, I have a waiting list that is fairly long (there are 72 people currently on the list) and I have to go down the list in the order people requested to be put on it. But I encourage all those that get on the list to feel free to get them from someone else if they get a good deal or decide not to wait. So I won't know how many on the list will still want plecos until I contact them. If you would like, I would be happy to put you on the waiting list and let you know how far I get down the list when I start shipping them out.

Rod
Please put me on the list, I know it might be a while, but I've been looking around and you seem to have a fair price.

-Chris

Mstone

Jan 22, 2014
USA
If you are looking for L46 zebra plecos. I have quite a few available ranging in size from 1 inch to 2 and 1/2 inches. These were bred and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Hi
Do you still have L46 for sale
If so what size
Thanks

Rod47

Nov 4, 2012
Livermore, CA
Mstone: L46 availability

I sold the last of the most recent group at the end of November. Since I leave the young in the tank to grow up and only break down the tank once every 8-9 months to minimize disrupting the breeders, the next ones will probably be ready sometime between Aug and Oct. If you would like me to send you an email when the next ones become available, let me know and I will. If you find them from another source before then, there is no obligation.

Rod47

mustangthz

Sep 30, 2013
Gobles, MI
I sold the last of the most recent group at the end of November. Since I leave the young in the tank to grow up and only break down the tank once every 8-9 months to minimize disrupting the breeders, the next ones will probably be ready sometime between Aug and Oct. If you would like me to send you an email when the next ones become available, let me know and I will. If you find them from another source before then, there is no obligation.

Rod47
Still interested!