This was aold to us as a red lizard pleco. . .

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

Wild forms of these appear as L21 and L23.
But since it's certainly not a wild form, I would never want to call it with an L-number.

For size and others you can check the page linked above, e.g. look to the albino.
I don't know how it got its color: if it's a cultivated form, probably yes, if it's unnaturally colored, probably no.

Greetings
Elko

Reactions: HobbyKeeper

HobbyKeeper

May 17, 2024
Hi,

But since it's certainly not a wild form, I would never want to call it with an L-number.

For size and others you can check the page linked above, e.g. look to the albino.
I don't know how it got its color: if it's a cultivated form, probably yes, if it's unnaturally colored, probably no.

Greetings
Elko
Thank you so much my friend, I'm a little upset at the store for selling me a misidentified fish and telling me it only gets 4" max. Oh well all the more reason to convince my wonderful woman that we need a bigger tank also.

anthony23

May 27, 2024

It is a shame, especially from Petsmart, who is adamant about not selling you a fish that will outgrow your tank.

I bought this fish for a 38 gl tank.

here is review of my site
Absolutely right! Petsmart needs to be more responsible. I'm guessing they don't spend enough time training their employees so they know more about fish and their needs.

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
it may be better when buying fish to go to an aquarium shop or may be better to buy from other fish breeders in your area or may be join a fish club and meet other people who keep and breed fish they some times hold fish acutions