UK breeding of L316?

I

intrepidmax

When I have moved houses and have my fish house/shed set up...I will be looking to breed L316

I wouldn't think these would be any harder to breed than 3x gay L199 lmao. I'm going to cry like a baby if these ever breed lol.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Out of all the Hypans I have spawned THESE are the ones for me<3<3.

I had some when I first started but lost them to whitespot and untill 6 months ago I couldnt find any females anywhere. 3 came delivered as L270 but the minute I opened the box I knew they were 316. The other 5 are from Jo zebs.
2 weeks ago I decided to split them up as the males seemed more interested with each other than spawning. When I got them out and into a bucket I managed to find what looked like 2 females so I put them back into the tank along with the biggest male. Within a few days I had a trapping and a day later eggs:D:D:D. I have been crapping myself over the last 5 days hoping the male wouldnt eat them. When I sneaked a look this morning I coud see that some had hatched:woohoo::woohoo: but when I checked at lunch time today I think the male had become more excited than me because he had kicked the fry and last few eggs out of the cave.

Any pics.
Standard Hypan set up

The male

The newbies:woohoo:

15 with still 3 to hatch.

Cheers

thegeeman

I

intrepidmax

congrats Gee,

Just a Q, I have noticed that your caves are sitting at a slant rather than straight on to the front glass....Is there a reason behind this and can you still see into them?

I toying with cave angles at the moment lol.

I

intrepidmax

I've also been thinking about flow....Im reading the article on planet catfish about breeding the L262, My L333 have just moved over tanks and are sitting with some nice sized caves but they ain't bothered with them yet....

Im going to have another look about and see what I can find about breeding them.

I

intrepidmax

thanks kev

all caves now facing the flow...and added some extra flow. now just for the water changes and lets see what happens. I ain't given up on the L199 either just moved them over until I get moved and some new L199 faces in with them.

I

intrepidmax

nice jiggly boobs cup. lol. I could stare at that for hours.