UK breeding of L316?

I

intrepidmax

Ok lol well you know know I want the 316. I have pm-ed lol keep them until the end of september for me and I will take them.

I pay a deposit now if needed

and if you are running out of tank space I will drop off a 3ft tank on a stand with heater and an eheim external and lighting unit (if needed)

I might be able to settle the bill early once I have checked my wage packet at the end of august. (even though I have spent £236 out of the £300)

let me know please. im interested a little ....lol.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Update on fry. The stripes are starting to break up and develope into spots<3<3<3<3
Apologies about the quality of the pics but its the best I can do.

Cheers

thegeeman

young1nj

May 28, 2009
Michigan
gee breeds fish like its his life line! Nice job. If geeman is a beginner at breeding id like to see what he has going on when hes not a beginner

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Thanks young1nj:clap::clap:

I no very little about breeding Hypans and I think I am just lucky. I have only been onto them for 3 years or so.
I am not sure at what point I should change to intermediate. I suppose thats a question the intermediate breeders like Windy, Jozebs and str24rsap could answer:D

Cheers

thegeeman

young1nj

May 28, 2009
Michigan
As much as I can tell there are about 10 people in the forums community that set the bar for breeding level.

From the outside perspective looking in fantastic fins is at the top of the list I think Dale and chris have bred some 20 hypans.

It would be a fun topic to see how many and who has bred the most l#s. Maybe we could have the mods make groups with badges of ranges of # of bred l#s

ps
sorry for the change of topic

cup

Retired Staff
May 6, 2009
Berkeley, CA
"From the outside perspective looking in fantastic fins is at the top of the list I think Dale and chris have bred some 20 hypans."

that's remarkably impressive, given that there are pretty much only that many hypans currently available on the market.

Although, if we're going to extrapolate, there are many VERY impressive European breeders. Even in the widespread U.S. loricariid "community", I'd say that fishnut dude, whatever his name is, is ahead of the game. He's got some amazing fish under his belt, which aren't all hypans.

garfieldnfish

Oct 7, 2009
Acworth, GA
Gee, my L316 s have spawn last month as well. I have 27 fry. Could have been a double spawn as I have 2 males and 2 females. All of the young have survived so far and they are eating like pigs. Seems like these are a very hardy species. If I can't manage to kill a few in a batch, noone can.
Mine was a surprise batch as I had no idea they were breeding. I found some empty egg casings floating in the tank and checked the caves and found one male sitting on a bunch of eggs. They spawned in a 75 gal without any power head just a normal HOB. This is also a community tank with many large fish that would have eaten the young, had I not removed the cave with fry and dad to a grow-out tank. This was most likely not their first spawn. The dad seemed to know what he was doing. He fanned the eggs at least 3 weeks and I had to forcefully remove the fry and at the end the dad from the cave as I was afraid he would starve to death after so long. Did your male take that long before he released the fry or is mine just overprotective?
I am checking on the caves now every 3 to 4 days as it might be time for another spawn. I wish I could leave the cave in the main tank but I have no other tank for the large fish.