unbelievable!

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Bought 4 angels a while back 2 had paired up and I have fry at the moment the hatched on 29th of Jan and just now I had suspected by the behaviour that the other 2 were being a bit territorial on the opposite side of the tank, they just laid eggs on the side of the tank . I have managed to get 2 pair from 4 angels. WTF!

Got fry on one side and eggs on the opposite!

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks. I have some eggs I saved off the first pair, lost a third of them but now rest are eating hikari first bites so quite pleased but the other 2 pairing up was just typical.

I don't know how easy it is as these are my first angels and just bought 4 angels from young so had no idea what would happen with them.

I bought less angels to minimise the chance of pairing and give more space in my community tank . My poor fish don't know where to turn now so I think I will have to part with one pair or get another tank. The other fish aren't getting attacked just stuck in the centre.

I got attacked off one pair when I moved the box with fry and forgot they were near me so nothing gets near them but they ate the eggs. Wasn't the first time so I saved some and they all hatched , about 2 or 3 were fungused. I just lost a few once they got to free swimming.

More eggs than I need know, this is one of the pair:

[ame="http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/118228/Fish%20stuff/?action=view&current=VIDEO0011.mp4"]Fish stuff :: VIDEO0011.mp4 video by 118228 - Photobucket[/ame]

My phone is not normal so if your head is on sideways then you won't find it a problem watching the vid.

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
congrats, now go and buy a lottery ticket :lol:
well done. cheers jk :thumbup:
Thanks lol, well maybe I will . Might buy 4.

I was tempted to fill it with angels but deliberately wanted to leave enough territories. I didn't expect them to pair off like that though.

I think the fact it is a 5ft tank and they are 2 equally matched pairs they just meet in the middle and make threats rather than attacks. They are so intent on each other that the rest of the tank residents get ignored. 1 pair stay at one end with the fry and other pair stay at the other with their eggs but they have ate those or some other fish has and now they are bugging the other pair.

Would angel fish notice if you mixed another pairs fry in with theirs?