Wafers

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
What kind of veggie wafers does everyone feed their fish? I generally feed a mix of Hikari wafers, Omega One Veggie Rounds, and just picked up some HBH Algae Grazers which they seem to like.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Not all mine are strictly veggie wafers but i'll list them too.

tetra pleco wafers---the fave for my common
jbl novofect
jbl novotab
jbl novopleco wafers
jbl tabis
sera catfish chips with willow
sera spirulina

I like the jbl tabis as they stick to the inside of glass, which is good for my corydora and bns and prevents my amano shrimp from stealing them.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Mine arnt all veg either but here they are.

Hikari- sinking carnavore
Aqua one- algae disks
Spectrum- H20 waffers
Aquarian- shrimp pellets

I also feed spectrum thera on my smaller L#s.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Not all veggie wafers & thus not fed to all my plecs.

Ultracolor Veggie Sinking fish food
Ultracolor Community fish food (large)
Sera Vipachips
Sera Catfish Chips
Sera Spirulina Tabs
TetraVeggie algae wafers
Hikari Sinking Carnivore
Hikari Algae wafers
Hikari Sinking wafers
NLS H20 stable wafers
Wardley algae wafers
OSI Spirulina wafers

These are ones I have tried & not necessarily feed all the time. There are a few favorites and it usually boils down to what is available or easily obtainable.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Hikari Sinking Carnivore wafers
Earthworm pellets
Bloodworm pellets
Tetra Prima
Tetra Doromin (amazing stuff for plec young)

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
anybody look into Aqueon????
Never used it and only seen it in catalogs but a quick look at the ingredients makes it seem that it is pretty similar to many others. There also seems to be a high percentage of animal by-products so it may take a bit of care when feeding to herbivorous plecs.

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
i've seen them in stores in this area,i know this company and All-Glass aquarium merged to form 1 company.Both are in Franklin Wisconsin,which is a southern suburb of Milwaukee.

i never tried Wardleys,but i might pick up some.

my pleco is sooo spoiled.

:woohoo:

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Anybody try Wardley Spirulina discs???They were a little more expensive then the regulars and they were packaged in a tin not the resealable bag.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I've used the Wardley. The ingredients are a bit better for herbivores. My plecs didn't take to them as well as other wafers but other people have different expereinces. My plecs still ate them just not as enthusiastically as some of the others i've tried. You can get them pretty cheap at Walmart & Target.

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
I've used the Wardley. The ingredients are a bit better for herbivores. My plecs didn't take to them as well as other wafers but other people have different expereinces.
Ain't that the truth about a fishes preferences,my guy likes the Wardleys but goes wild over the Tetra algae wafer Extreme.