Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Cucumber
Zucchini
lettuce
peas
sweet potato
pumpkin
avocado - note to everyone, do not try avocado :yuck: I ended up green slush all through the tank within a few hours of adding it. result - complete tank cleanout. Up side, the plecs did eat some of it lol.

Top 3 zucchini, cucumber and pumpkin.

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi I feed my leopard frog and gold nuggets parsnip they love it sooooo much they are out in the daytime for it !(when lights are out ), also lasts for about 3 days+.:thumbup:

Jerry

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Anybody grow their own veggies????

Now that summer in on the way,Zucchini,Cucumber,Greenbeans and Acorn squash seeds have been planted.

last year,my guy would eat all of his zucchini,including skin.i still think commercial growers use something in the fertilizer that plecos don't really care for in the skin.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
last year,my guy would eat all of his zucchini,including skin.i still think commercial growers use something in the fertilizer that plecos don't really care for in the skin.
Yeah probably not too good for us either. I always scrub all the waxiness off zucchini before the plecs get it but also get some organic veg sometimes.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Hi I feed my leopard frog and gold nuggets parsnip they love it sooooo much they are out in the daytime for it !(when lights are out ), also lasts for about 3 days+.:thumbup:

Jerry
Have to try that for the plecs. No one in our house likes parsnip:yuck::yuck:

ksane

May 7, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I've tried almost all the veggies mentioned. As far as fruit-mango is a HUGE hit with my L200. He's on it almost before I can get it down onto the floor of the tank.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I've tried almost all the veggies mentioned. As far as fruit-mango is a HUGE hit with my L200. He's on it almost before I can get it down onto the floor of the tank.
lol i'll try that soon for my L200:yes:

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
Well, I have tried many many veggies and fruits. For the most part, my plec prefers these store bought veggie alge wafers, watermelon and cucumber. As a baby he really liked peeled grapes and carrot... hes kind of "grown" out of those.