which way?

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Here's the short of it,

Have the opportunity to buy a 6x3x12"high tank. Has sump, cabinet etc......
perfect plec tank IMO.

Problem.....what plecs to put into it.

Hubby reckons that should we get the tank that we move the big fella and the gold spots into it......i reckon too shallow for the big fella to swim around properly.

I reckon fill it with bristlenose, L015 and clowns.

so.....should we get it, and if so which way would you go......

I'm also think it would make a nice king tiger plec tank lol......would just have to track down a heap of them to fill the tank :wb:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
lol Scott.

What other plecs can you get hold of?

What other fish have you considered to go with the plecs?

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
um....lol maybe i should reword the sizing scott.....6ft long, 3ft wide and 1ft high.

Not considering anything other than plecs taking into mind that the tank is only 12 inches high.

Anyway, bought the tank will post pics up very soon. Going to take it slowly setting it up.
Have to track down some good driftwood, maybe plants and a few more caves. Am really considering moving all the bn's as well as the clowns and L015's into there. That will free up the few tanks we have running in the fish room so Mark can start back with his cichlid breeding again.
Can anyone see any issues with bn's, clowns and L015's in one tank?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Wow, at first glance I didn't catch the size of the tank. It could really make for an interesting display. You could mount the tank a bit lower than normal and make a "touch pool" type display where you're viewing the tank primarily from the top. It would add an interesting perspective. I'd setup a current running through the tank like a stream, you could even have rocks & wood break the surface to of the tank.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
sounds good, BN clowns and king tigers as well. agree not good for big plecs but lovely footprint for samller plecs, easier to reach and do things with a shallower tank, but less to look at sideways. excellent space for plecs to breed!
start collectiong nice stones etc!

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
thats a great sized tank, perfect for plecs. yep, i'd stick all of the smaller ones in there, especially if that way frees up a few tanks

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Wow, at first glance I didn't catch the size of the tank. It could really make for an interesting display. You could mount the tank a bit lower than normal and make a "touch pool" type display where you're viewing the tank primarily from the top. It would add an interesting perspective. I'd setup a current running through the tank like a stream, you could even have rocks & wood break the surface to of the tank.
That would be an awesome setup.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009