Wormer Plus

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
After Picking up a few new Plecs, some wild caught, i thought now would be a good time to think about worming them and all my other fish. So after some brief reading up i bought some Kusuri Wormer Plus, Before i used it i just wanted to see if anyone else had used it and with what results.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Gary

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
It works quite well, its not as strong or as good as the fluby15 that was sold until last year but its all we can get now.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Just a question

I have never thought of worming. Never crossed my mind to worm plecos only Discus.

Can any one give me a very brief over view of what how why and when?

Regards Bob

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
I use wormer plus to rid tanks of planaria which is an occasional occurrence. Used it on all my cory tanks plus on zebra plec and other loricarids. Remember, planaria will quickly devour fish eggs.

I agree, not as good as flubenol but it does the job.

Mark.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I agree, not as good as flubenol but it does the job.
wormer plus is flubenol but 5%. The person that made the 15% fluby didn't renew the license for it unfortunately.

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Ok So I can use it as a pre treatment ?

Would it be best to use on a regular basis?

Can I over dose?

Regards Bob

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Ok So I can use it as a pre treatment ?
Its good for worming wild plecs that are more likely to have some sort of internal parasite.

Would it be best to use on a regular basis?
Its best to use it a couple of times but you don't need to worm them regularly unless you add plecs or fish that havent been wormed prior imo

Can I over dose?
If i remember rightly, no

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Thanks

I may use it soon I have seen some wild caught stuff that may make me buy them

Just need a plan to get the wife to agree

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
Thanks people, I'll give it a go over the weekend. I probably dont need to use it but I'd rather worm the new L418 just to make sure.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
i believe the license is quite pricey.....
Spect so:yes:, but i think the guy did ok, covered costs at least:dk:. Shame as fluby15 was far more effective and didnt need to contain acetone which makes it water soluble. I don't know whats being used in the wormer plus but if acetone, its supposedly only toxic at 100 x normal dose, so yes you could overdose and cause problems but I can't imagine anyone accidentally overdosing x100

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
Planaria

TGM,
Oh God yes! Planaria are quick to devour cory and loricariid eggs, turning them to mush in no time. If you spot planaria in a breeding tank, its wise to get rid.

Cheers,
Mark.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Planaria, RCS and MTS

Hi all,
Flubendazole is not very effective against internal nematodes, so it might be worth worming you fish with a treatment containing Levamisole.

I'm interested in both the Planaria eating eggs and the Cherry Shrimps from the other thread as I have had a variety of fish spawn successfully in tanks containing all 3 of these, so I think it might depend upon the species of Planaria (Flatworm) and the species of fish. A thought that occurs is that the eggs I had the RCS in in with were Killi eggs, and they have very tough shells.

cheers Darrel