WTB 201/397 FRAUD POST

Tiffanywolf

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Guys,

just wanted to let you know that I put up a post on the 14th for 201 and 397's I had a text message from a fellow called Terry Ng. He sent me photos of the fish, we had text and call convos. He seemed very convincing and lagit and also sent me photos of superred long fins that he said he owned also he had 134's for sale which I almost bought.

I transferred $1400 into his account and have not heard from him since. I have tried to call and goes straight to answering bank and he is not replying to text. I have reported it to the police. I will be putting in a statement and file for fraud. He said he was from QLD. I have also contacted the QLD police as suggested by NSW police and they also will be looking into it.

Soooo, I just wanted you all to know this as he is very very convincing. His number is 0434036133. Terry Ng. I have been in the fish game for over 20 years and spent lots of money including first Moba WC colony which cost me over $6000 and even then I put trust into the importers name. I find it quite disheartening that this is happening in the fish industry and makes it very hard for buyers to trust breeders. If anyone knows him please ask him to refund or send my fish.

Thanks

Tiffanywolf

Nov 14, 2022
Admin. My apologies if this breaches any rules. :confused: I just think people should know. Who knows how many people he has ripped off.

Reactions: SpecialK

Tiffanywolf

Nov 14, 2022
Update - Word of mouth the fellows name is Tran Trung Hieu Nguyen. Has ripped off many people including 15k from a person claiming to have 46s. Ill drop this now. QLD police are now working with NSW police. Reports have gone in. Hopefully Ill get a refund. The banks are working together. Thanks all.

Reactions: SpecialK

SpecialK

Nov 21, 2022
Melbourne
Not good seeing this con artist working his way around and also trying his tricks on myself. For future reference to anyone as I am also a collector of pop vinyls and as soon as I requested this he came up with excuses and all of a sudden all were sold ( L046) I asked him for a date and licence photo / passport (not address that can be blanked out in front of the tank / with said product. Please don't ever send anyone money without proof that they have what they say they do. Hopefully this guy gets caught before anyone hands over anymore money. Thank you Tiffanywolf for your post (I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me...) Pretty sure he has blocked my number now that I called him out on it too.

Tiffanywolf

Nov 14, 2022
I have his personal details. He has been reported many times. The police have his emergency passport fetails as well. Won't take long now and he will not be able to rip anyone off.

It's unfortunate that not many pursue being ripped off, just class it as another scam. But belive me I will do what ever I can to help others of this terrible person. My family are government based so that helps a lot...unfortunate for those who can't take it further.

Thanks for the message.

Not long now. The banks are doing record checks and isnt it satisfying that everything is tracked to everyone's bank , withdraws, ATM's deposits, opening the account and so on.

Thanks for your message.

plecotopia

Nov 29, 2022
Hi Tiffany, are you able to help me please, I think I may have gotten ripped off by this person as well very recently. Thanks

plecotopia

Nov 29, 2022
Hi Tiffany,

can you put me thru to Police officers running your case? May be a bit easier if they already know the background and the person of interest thanks

Tiffanywolf

Nov 14, 2022
There are 4 officers involved, QLD & NSW Best to contact your local police station, show evidence of payment, photos etc. They will handle it from there. It may not be the same person. There are many scammers out there. Good Luck :)

DonL134

Dec 15, 2022
Hi Tiffany, it really does suck when this happen, I to was recently scammed on gumtree by a guy selling L034. Spoke to him over the phone and he sounded legit. The guys name was Chris Berzins from SA phone number 0410 939275. Had a bad feeling when he wanted to offer me some more for cheap, I declined the offer then could not contact him. Happy for you to pass on his details to the police could be the same guy. Seem to know a bit about plecos.
Good luck in getting your money back.

Reactions: Tiffanywolf

Tiffanywolf

Nov 14, 2022
Hi Tiffany, it really does suck when this happen, I to was recently scammed on gumtree by a guy selling L034. Spoke to him over the phone and he sounded legit. The guys name was Chris Berzins from SA phone number 0410 939275. Had a bad feeling when he wanted to offer me some more for cheap, I declined the offer then could not contact him. Happy for you to pass on his details to the police could be the same guy. Seem to know a bit about plecos.
Good luck in getting your money back.
Hi Don,

The police have his passport ID ect. They will catch him soon. Apparently he has been caught before with a slap on the wrist. He will get caught. I'll definitely pass on the details though. Thanks for the info.

There is a new post up about 046s....couldn't belive it! Have a look it's just insane..

DonL134

Dec 15, 2022
Yeah I see that, unfortunately I it seem to becoming more and more popular everywhere. I’m like you now, if I cannot get them personally or it is of a known source, I will be really reluctant to go though with it. Sad really. I’m sure the majority of the people on here are legitimate, just need to be cautious.
Keep me updated.

Thatfool

Dec 31, 2022
Hi Tiff,
I have just been done by the same guy. Nsw this time. I even asked for photos
of tanks with my name on a piece of paper as proof before transfering money. This guy has and knows L number plecos. He's quiet clever. He doesn't realize that I know it's a scam yet but I got my mate to contact him and he was more than happy to sell the fish I had already paid for. I found this post by googling his phone number. Simon Dale was his name this time.

Thatfool

Dec 31, 2022
Fyi I have filed the fraud paperwork with the police. Adds one more to the pile of paperwork. Though I would say although my guy used the same phone number as Tiff. I do not believe my guy was "Tran/Terry"

Thatfool

Dec 31, 2022
Not that anyone seems to be following this anymore but I have no heard of someone who has just lost $32,000 to the same guy. This is getting crazy.