X-box Filter?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Hi all, as some of you know my xbox 360 has kicked the bucket and Terry Got Hip Kissed gave me a fantastic idea to make an internal filter out of the casing. I'm thinking something air driven and simple. My concern is if the plastic components would be fish-safe or not. Any thoughts or help in a direction I can find the answer? I'm really thinking this project would look great and it would make the wife chuckle (she's been threatening to toss it in forever).

scottie73

Apr 21, 2009
hampshire england
i wouldn't imagine the plastic being a problem as they are made for human use therefore would not be toxic,my only worry would be the flux/resins used on the circuit boards contaminating the insides of the plastic case..possibly?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Yeah I was thinking that, but there doesn't seem to be any places where the boards come into contact with the body aside from where the screws go. perhaps if i scrub it out well then rinse it 100 times to be sure....

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Oh dear oh dear.
with the gubbins ripped out, i imagine the way forward would be a small powerhead exiting through the sockets in the front for the controller cables, the top and sides will need filter foam where the vents are and i guess there is enough space to get some bio balls in there as well. i remember joking about it i never imagined trying it though :lol:
could make an interesting diy thread