L173 on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Don't usually get involved in ID debates but I have these new L173's and my own zebs that I have kept for some years now. Photos can be quite deceiving when trying to make comparisons and all I can really add to the discussion is that side by side these two plecs ( L46 + L173 ) are noticeably different.

Sorry just wavy line zebs too me but then again I breed both - still the same fish only difference it the price tag

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
L173

hi seen as these are my fish thought i would have a say i had these fish on here advertised for two days before putting them on ebay i thought i would give you all the chance to have them instead of a total stranger what made me laugh is that people asked for pictures of them so i sent them to them and you didn't even have the decency to message me back to let me know but you was one of the first to put you two pence in saying they not l173 so thanks any way nobody wanted them so i put them on ebay and i advertised them as they was sold to me so sorry for not being right but were not all perfect when i sell my fish in the future i will post some pictures on here for an i.d parade because when i sell my zeb fry i wouldn't want to be listing them as guppies would i thanks and way just wish you you would of all said something earlier then this thread wouldn't of even been publish thought everyone help each other out on here
Hi Toddy, whatever number they are they are nice fish and at the price you put them on Ebay for someone is going to get a bargain.
I think that if anyone has a query they should address it through PMs or Ebay messaging and not in the general forum posts.
I actually have them in my watched items on Ebay as I like the look of them myself, I thought it was for one fish until I opened it up and found it is for 3.

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
toddy123,no one is having a go at you mate in any way..All that was said was they are not L173.You were told they were so fine...Isnt what a forum is for to discus what you all think and all have your own opinions? The orignal question was "These are L173B surely??.What are your thought's peeps? (Not having a go at the seller,i just like plecs id properly) Lets discuss like adults please..sorry if anyone has offended you.I surely didnt mean to....

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
toddy123,no one is having a go at you mate in any way..All that was said was they are not L173.You were told they were so fine...Isnt what a forum is for to discus what you all think and all have your own opinions? The orignal question was "These are L173B surely??.What are your thought's peeps? (Not having a go at the seller,i just like plecs id properly) Lets discuss like adults please..sorry if anyone has offended you.I surely didnt mean to....
I think they are L173 :lol:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Theres nothing wrong with a good old mass debate :D

The trouble is knowone actually knows what half the black and white scribble plecs are and infact maybe lots are now hybrids. I have kept back juveniles over the years because they dont look like any of there siblings so with selective breeding you can just about create anything you want.

People have been breeding hypans for god knows how long and after speaking to some of the older breeders who dont actually use computers they tell me that until maybe ten years ago things like L333 and L66 were bred together as the fish in there opinion were the same. You have to ask where are all these fish that have been bred over the years?. Toddy I am not say yours are hybrids as I have no clue what they really are but the whole L number system is a complete waste of time.

Where did the fish come from in the op?

Cheers

thegeeman

PS Glad I am getting out of it as this makes my brain hurt:)

toddy123

Nov 4, 2010
kent
no body has offended me just annoyed me 3 people on here said no there not l173 i sent them pictures via email so you would of thought they would of told but they didn't dont worry that doesn't include you zebra pleco because you didnt criticize at the end of the day its done good topic tho any way joe zeb i totally agree with you :lol:

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
Just took a pic of a couple of mine.The big one is a clonker of a male....

Last edited:

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
I would trust my friend's word H. Will ,who lets be fair is the No1 breeder of these type of pleco..I also think we have diluted a tad from the topic...It seems we have two types of opinions here and that has raised a good debate..

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I would trust my friend's word H. Will ,who lets be fair is the No1 breeder of these type of pleco..I also think we have diluted a tad from the topic...It seems we have two types of opinions here and that has raised a good debate..
This guy aint in Germany is he? No1 Breeder???:D IMO your pics you posted Doods are of wavy zebs

On a side note :D
http://www.l-welse.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/1425/cat/120/limit/recent/date/1275073349

Again I am not saying yours are Hybrids toddy

Cheers

thegeeman

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
No the pics i posted are TRUE L173 from H.Will .You said you had never seen a L173 before??

Last edited:

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk

toddy123

Nov 4, 2010
kent
i couldn't agree more i didn't want to start another argument but i thought they were the wavy line zeb looks like i wasn't the only one

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
No the pics i posted are L173 from H.Will .You said you had never seen a L173 before??
I havent. Which Is why I am saying yours IMO are a variant of the L46 with wavy lines and I have seen loads of them. Does H.will post on forums? would love to see the adults. I remember Imer he used to post some wonderful pics of juveniles and claimed them to be anything from L250 to L173 yet sent the same pic to people and not once posted pics of the adults when people requested them.

I am not sure how you can say that the pics in the original ebay add are not L173 but yours are?

At the end of the day you can call them what you like as they are never likely to be studied in depth and even if they were who,s to say the havent been crossed in the home aquarium

Cheers

thegeeman

Status
Not open for further replies.