blue phantoms trappin again

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i think the recent action has come to an end... i highly doubt eggs were laid and the male ate them... but female definitely looked like she'd lost a bit of size round belly... male looked just the same! good thing is i now know what got them caving... this time i'll try bulk feeding and add a little more protein based foods and try again in a couple months... hope im wrong and wake up to eggs tomorrow!!!! :)

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
be nice if you had all girls... i'll swap ya a male if thats the case....

mine are 15cm+ and the male is very hariy... female is mildly hairy.... at a quick look i'd say she was a boy...

what size are yours bren?

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
:rip: female didnt make it... unsure of what exactly happened but i guess thats the end of this breeding project.... since sold the male as the prospect of getting another female is almost zero....

Frontosaman

Mar 1, 2014
Perth
Nice thread, I have 3 , two that are %100 male that cave all day long, one that's %99 male that just sits under a bit of wood outside one of the males caves all day, I still think its male but the longer I have it the more it's behaviour is changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
unfortunately failures are part of keeping fish... thats what makes successes so much better.... got something else special spawning so stay tuned... spawned once with infertile eggs so fingers crossed next lot will be better :)

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I ended up with 6. Sexed out a definite pair and put them in their own tank. He now caves intermittently and seems to be doing the right thing flagging the tail and advertising. The female stays pretty close to the cave too so fins crossed.

The other 4 I still couldn't definitely sex either way so loaned them to someone with a definite male to see if it might induce some breeding in mine should they all be females.