Down memory lane.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
:hi:

Just trawling back through my photobucket account and came across a pic of my first proper plec.
L206 Panaque sp.

What was your first plec?

cheers

thegeeman

Attachments

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
our first plec was supposidly a common BN... he's now about a foot long...

Never did get a definate ID - a common of one kind or another...

Found the daft sod stuck under a 18" lump of bog wood last night - washed out and stressed and red raw on his top fin :(

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Mine was a L239, i was going to see it for weeks and eventually decided to buy it :D
lovely plec to have full stop, let alone as a first.
do you still have it?
Agree. One of my favourites. :love:
I totally agree. Although I have a hypan fetish the 239 is my favourite and I have a group of 7 that hopefully I might stand a chance of spawning.
Just need to find some log caves for them but cant seem to find any anywhere

thegeeman

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Hi Guys,

My introduction to plecs was a trio of Zebra plecs I picked up at Dobbies Garden Centre ,would you believe, ....... to put in with my discus because I thought they looked nice. Knew little about them, just liked the looked of the little cuties, and I won't say how little I paid for them.

The longer I had them, the more they grew on me and I started some serious research. I had no idea what was going on with them. Since then, been pretty much hooked really. Not in my Discus tank now ..... LOL !

Cheers
Elaine

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
nice Elaine, bet theres not many people these days that have a trio of zebs as there first plec lol

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Probably not Kevin, but I am going back a good few years and there wasn't nearly the same hype there is now. Then it was just a pretty, fancy plec.

I hasten to add, I was only a slip of a girl a the time ....... LOL !

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
An albino common, my first 'fancy' was a Fully grown male L204 that was beautiful, and pure evil as well.

had to rehome it as it was completely intolerable of any other bottomdwellers