Down memory lane.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
My first was a 1.5" Gibby i picked up for my 20 long about 15 years ago. needless to say i had to upgrade after about 6 months. my first fancy was a royal of some sort, in retrospect i would say maybe an L190? about 10 years ago i would say.

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
lovely plec to have full stop, let alone as a first.
do you still have it?
No sadly not, he ended up getting some kind of infection and at that time i'd only been keeping fish for 2-3 months (4 years ago) and didnt have a clue. It wasnt all bad i suppose as that's how i found PF, 100s more plecs and most of you! lmao

Lagonein

Apr 24, 2009
Singapore~
Mine would be two L001s. Got them from a LFS near my house. That was 7 years ago and I thought they'd eat crap. They had a poor life. damn! :wb::wb::wb:

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
My first was a Gibby that quickly outgrew the tank it was in. The guy at the petstore told me it would only get 4 or 5 inches long. :wb: It was a beautiful fish and I was hooked.

charles101

May 3, 2009
worcestershire
my first plec is my L018 wich i still have now(saying that it wasnt that long ago i got him)i love how elusive he is so when i do see him rarely its like a treat or something if that makes sense!:)although he is quite difficult to make sure he is feeding etc.. but i think thats quite rewarding when i(finally) see him looking healthy.
[/IMG]

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi Folks
Following on from Windys 1980,s post.

My first Plec was a very small wild caught A. Species. Around 1973.

That gave me the bug and I spent every free day searching any LFS to find the “Odd Ball”.

Royals were just starting to appear in the shops and the odd unusual pleco did turn up at times I remember getting a very unusual whip tail that must have been a Loricara filamentosa. The first Pleco I ever bread was a pair of royal Whip tails I brought from maidenhead aquatics original shop.
Never did raise any of the fry.

indigoj

May 3, 2009
Bury, Lancs
My first plecs were a pair of gibbys that a well known uk chain pet store sold me for my 3ft tank! Sadly I lost 1 to a tank crash and the other grew huge as I upgraded to a 6ft tank. Sadly he died when the heaters in there broke over winter :(

My first 'fancy' plec is now living happily with Windy - turned out to be an L400 that I bought for not a lot as 'tiger plec'. I believe it turned out to be female eh Windy?

I

intrepidmax

well my first ever plec was a common plec...who rapidly grew massive.

my first sight of a zeb was in a fish shop in glasgow when the glasgow garden festival was on.....so i must have been around 10 years old. lol

....oh by the way I was born in 78......thats right the year before windy got his whiptails pmsllllllllllllllllllll.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
My first plec was aPterygoplichthys disjunctivus, a tiny algea eater ha. Researched and found out what he was and upgraded tanks every few months. Now around 1 foot long.