java ferns

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
hi all,most of my java ferns leaves are turning black/brown.do i need to add a new type of fert to the tank to help them?
i add co2 and easycarbo at the mo.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Well there is the problem, the limiting factor is no ferts, you need to start adding nitrogen,potassium, phosphrus and trace, the plants are starving and need help :)
Opps...... Is there a product that contains all off that stuff?
They are not planted, tied to slate and wood.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
YEah, they love iron, the ferts that have been bought have 8.2% iron trace in them! so pretty good.
cheers,johnny.ferts came today.stupid postman left them on the door step while we were out,in plain view.Any way,will the black bits on my ferns disappear or sholud i remove the bad ones?
p.s love the bottle,makes doseing very easy.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Glad the arrived safely :)

Get rid of any damaged leaves, the plant can concentrate on new growth, not trying to repair already damaged leaves.
ok,ive had a good look and most leaves are bad,ill remove the very bad bad ones and see if the rest recover.if they don,t then ill remove them as i do water changes.
also,as i do a 10% ish water change every day,would that affect the added ferts?
even tho i am following the instructions,5ml per 50L per day.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
hi all,not sure if its me or not but the plants are liking the ferts.they seam more greener and there is less yellowing on the leaves.
lots of new growing leaves on the java ferns too,plenty of dark green bits at the end off the leaves.
i was thinking , do i still need co2 now i,m adding the ferts and easycarbo daily?

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
nice tanks there.its nearly time to buy a new co2 bottle.i might hold off for a while to see if the tank needs it or not.i think ill be buyin some more ferts and some easycarbo from u soon.