Mooo's Yabbies

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Hi all thought I would share with you my new friends, They are going into a meter square spa bath, soon as I collect it, in the mean time they live in a 2 foot tank outside..with caves made from rocks n a few half pots..
Cranky female face .

Female full of berries.

The male is the bigger blue one.

:clap:

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
i laugh at the fact you can keep him outside! its great, i have wanted these since i first got into aqutics but dont have a good enough excuse to have a tank just for them. cant wait to see them in the new house, im sure we will get some good pics!

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Hiya :hi:
lol Bec

Got a few more pics, this time of the hatched bubs still hanging on to mum, some photos not so good, but one is passable :clap:
Oh and they are both females lol, Best be getting a male next Monday in Town..

Last edited:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
I went and got a boy after realising , I had bought 2 females at first,
He has settled in well. The female with bubs is now in her own small tank for now...Spa is coming soon..spoke to my son tonight, he is going to collect it for me..:lol:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Yes Brenda, Thanks for asking, As a matter of fact, she has let go of about 10 so far today, Hopefully by tomorrow she will have let them all go, they are crawling all over her...I caught one to take a photo lol so tiny, :clap:

:clap: <3 :clap:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
OK nearly done, few more additions to go in, like an overflow hole with mesh, a cover and a filter of some type...

Pretty happy with it so far.. :dance1:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
very cool mooo! I gotta think only fishkeepers would think to use a spa tub for critters :thumbup: wonder what kind of filter are you using ?
btw, love the pics of the male sitting on his rocky perch:)

Georgie

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
very cool mooo! I gotta think only fishkeepers would think to use a spa tub for critters :thumbup: wonder what kind of filter are you using ?
btw, love the pics of the male sitting on his rocky perch:)

Georgie
Thanks mate, what can I say, I like em to feel comfy lol, they will get a huge diy canister filter that was used on the spa when my mate had it running for his fish :D..
& the male chilling on the rock was great to see, He seemed so relaxed lol
Made my heart sing..:thumbup:

Hmm You know I couldn't eat em Rohan..cheeky sod,:fr: You know me better...:fr:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Update time :hi:
I added the DIY mega canister filter with bio balls n filter wool up the top, .Thanks Andy, treating it with stability n prime, no ammonia as yet, it may even be fine, but preparing for a cycle of some sort..:clap:
I've moved the filter off that edge now, onto an up turned hard plastic flower pot, so I can conceal it better(no photos of it as is tho sorry, will update in a few days....Bottom line is :clap: everyone is still happy n alive lol :clap:
Mumma

Male n female, the smaller one is the new male..:D

I love how some of the Yablets are going to be blue..you can see the colour difference in these two pics..

For a size comparison

Installing the filter..

:lol:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Yeah hope it stays like it, it should stay reasonably clean..it doesn't get much sunlight there, the palms shade it of an afternoon, it gets some over head sun but not for long..I tested it today, nothing happening..So keep adding stability to pool and filter..If I see any ammonia creeping up, I'm armed with Prime lol
You can be sure I will continue to report their growth & health..:clap: yabbies, large n small, shrimp & 6 or so Endlers I put in are all happily doing their thang...:lol: