Mooo's Yabbies

R Richardson

Dec 1, 2011
Victoria
Blue Yabbies

Just remember Mooo make sure they have calcium in their diet aswell, i'm pretty sure you can find a site with all dietary requirements for them.
Just to let you know my mother used to breed them too in a fish tank.
I'm actually interested in getting some freshwater crays for breeding along with native turtles.
Rohan R
:thumbup:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Not so clean now lol. has a good algae growth happening...Mum is berried up again and the bubs have doubled their size and had their first moult...
What is the right calcium to add to the pond? I don't suppose I can use my Caltrate pills? lol
be good ifn I could, I hate them, they are like horse pills, huge they are...

^^^ thats an adult cherry shrimp ^^^ Yablets almost as big now..

Last edited:

R Richardson

Dec 1, 2011
Victoria
I must admit i really don't know the right type of calcium,personally i would try to feed them meat on the bone and hope they scrape they bones a bit here and there.
Now that i've bought a bike to restore i'll be looking for some freshwater crays once it is fully restored, i've a few locations in mind, i'll have to give the platypus a huge berth though in one pos because i spotted a baby platypus there!!!
Mooo once i do have the 1952 James Comet (it's only a 98cc putt putt bike) on the road i'll ask you if you would like any freshwater crays in addition to your yabbies especially if i can find the undescribed species my late mother had, i just want to breed them first lol.
They do need the calcium though so get into an aquarium shop or two to find out and make sure you put it on this site etc. for everyone too Mooo.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Rohan R

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au

R Richardson

Dec 1, 2011
Victoria
I'd just go with the easiest one till you know what you're doing.
Have fun with them mooo and it's cool to see you have them breeding for you!!!

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
They are growing at a phenomenal rate...:D

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk125/Mooo/Videos/?action=view&current=VideoYablets11.mp4

[url="]http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk125/Mooo/Videos/?action=view&current=Video10.mp4[/url]

:clap:

Last edited:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
They are doing well, some have been biffin on and lost one of their claws. some lost claws ages ago and have grown them back again :D..biggest ones are about 5cm now..getting quite an attitude too...

Not so clean now lol

Last edited: