Mooo's Shrimp

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Hiya
Just wanted to share some of my shrimp with you all...

Darwin Algae Shrimp. Caridina sp. NTnilotica (KungFu Shrimp) at back & in front is a Cherry Shrimp. Neocaridina heteropoda sp. red

Crystal Red Shrimp..genus Caridina.

A discarded shell.

Thats just a few for now :hi:

Last edited:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
I seen my first baby Crystal Red shrimp in my tank today !!! I am so stoked... It was not a new born either, I've seen new borns, they are minuscule, this one was quite visible & chunky, Even Mick seen it, it was at least two week old I would say, beautiful, neat stripes, and very white, very nice little shrimp, it disappeared into the subwassertang, I hope there are more in there...

Kangus

May 4, 2009
Gosford, NSW
well done mooo :) we also recently found our first crs offspring. Do you find yourself sitting in front of the tank for hours trying to see babies?

we also have a local native shrimp that looks similar to your darwin algae shrimp, no idea what its called tho.

Great pics BTW :)

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Thanks Kangus
Congrats on your crs bubs also...they are so cute...
Yes lol I spent 2 hours just watching in there one day, I was rewarded with my second viewing of the bubs, I haven't sighted it since tho, I am just hoping it is ok & there are more :eek:)
Shrimp are fascinating creatures...

Kangus

May 4, 2009
Gosford, NSW
Thanks Kangus
Congrats on your crs bubs also...they are so cute...
Yes lol I spent 2 hours just watching in there one day, I was rewarded with my second viewing of the bubs, I haven't sighted it since tho, I am just hoping it is ok & there are more :eek:)
Shrimp are fascinating creatures...
thankyou :) we often spend ages of an evening watching out for them too. Don't be too concerned if they disapear for a little while - ours did and emerged about a week later double the size lol. I think they just like to hide when they moult.